If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Wecyclers gives households and organizations a chance to capture value from their waste while providing a reliable supply of materials to the local recycling industry. Wecyclers works in partnership with the Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) and collects recyclable waste, including plastic bottles, plastic bags, and aluminum cans, using low-cost bicycle-powered collection vehicles called “wecycles”, vans and trucks. Participants get redeemable points via SMS, which they can use, for food items, household goods and cash. Collected material is aggregated and sold to recyclers.
Since inception in August 2012, Wecyclers has registered over 7,000 participants to our program and are working to hit our target of 15,000 participants by the end of 2015. Wecyclers is the recipient of multiple awards, including, a Sustainia Award, Tech Award and the Yunus Challenge Prize at the MIT IDEAS Global Challenge Competition. Wecyclers has been highlighted in The Economist, CNN, Al Jazeera, The Punch, BBC, Marie Claire Magazine, New African Woman, The Africa Report and The Independent among others.
- Assist CEO in carrying out responsibilities;
- Manage all aspects of our rapidly growing company and ensure that world class standards and procedures are in place as we scale up while ensuring the best quality of execution;
- Manage our collection and processing operations, set and ensure that KPIs are met;
- Hire and manage talented, passionate individuals to drive our cutting edge programs;
- Promote the image, capability and integrity of the company to clients;
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics.
- Youthful and vibrant graduate of the physical sciences or engineering
- Understand basic business principles and tools
- Proven knowledge and experience in operating chemical/process plants
- Good communication skills – will represent the company in public occasionally
- Technology tools savvy (internet, new media, desktop tools, etc.)
- Flexible and adaptable to new ways of working
- Ability to manage a diverse team and partner network
- Living in and knowing the basic geography of the Lagos metropolis is an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Quote job title in email subject. Application closes on July 30, 2015.