Summary: Governmental agencies and NGOs are uniting to fight polio together through the shared use of the Polio Emergency Operation Centers (EOCs). The Polio EOCs were developed for the management of the polio epidemic and serve as a central command and control facility responsible for carrying out the principles of emergency preparedness and emergency management.Representatives from NPHCDA, WHO, UNICEF, CDC, FMOH, McKinsey and Rotary are stationed at the EOCs hosted in key states. eHealth Africa is committed to assisting in rebuilding and strengthening overall health systems through innovative, sustainable, nationally owned programs with data driven solutions; eHealth Africa helped set up and runs the Polio EOC around Nigeria located in Abuja, Kano, Katsina, Sokoto,Kaduna, Borno, Bauchi, and Yobe States.To help achieve its mandate, eHealth Africa is currently seeking EOC Office Manager(s) to manage the EOCs. This person(s) would need to be highly organised, proficient in the use of computers and technology, motivated, and communicative. The diverse needs of the EOC will require that the EOC Office Manager be an innovative thinker and problem solver. This is a unique opportunity to assist in eradicating polio from Nigeria.
Description: The EOC Office Manager will be responsible for the daily operations and shall provide management oversight of the Polio Emergency Operations Center (PEOC), currently managed by eHealth Africa. Oversees all aspects of the EOC’s conduct and operations in accordance with company specific standard operating procedures. S/he represents eHA to external stakeholders ,ensures strong collaboration between eHA and relevant stakeholders who operate out of the EOC. S/he leads the business and resource developments efforts to support the strategic objectives of the EOC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
- Provides oversight of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC). Works closely and effectively with partners/clients, project team and outside consultants who use the EOC. Serves as a primary contact with partners/clients for all project related items.
- Oversees all aspects of the EOCs operations and logistics management in accordance with company (SOPs), guidelines, budgets, timelines and contracts. Assists in supporting the overall EOC strategy.
- Organizes meetings and conducts training to relevant stakeholders where required. Facilitates and plans partners/client meetings as needed. Leads the set-up of internal partner/client teleconferences and/or meetings.
- Maintains organisational procedures and responsible for resolving administrative problems/ inquiries in the EOC. Maintains and keep track of register of clients/partners who use the EOC.
- Leads and manages EOCs administrative staff to ensure timely and effective completion of assignments and other tasks. Provides support for the coordination between emergency response and supporting agencies in the EOCs. Ensures that inter-agency coordination is accomplished effectively within the EOCs.
- Provides support with project development and planning to ensure more efficient service and organization of the EOC.
- Schedules, plans for, and documents regularly scheduled team meetings. Assesses issues, offer resolutions to the team and then tracks implementation of resolution through to completion.
- Contributes to the team effort by building and maintaining a team of high performing staff accomplishing related results as needed. Provides recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Controls and monitors business expenses for the EOC. Monitors and coordinates accounting activities as appropriate, and prepares internal reports for management; participates in budget planning and management, as required.
- Assists with identification and selection of vendors. Generates work plan for vendor, defining and communication of timelines to ensure availability of vendor resources. Identifies and resolves vendor issues.
- Supervises administrative staff to ensure schedules and reports are accurate and timely; reports to the partners/clients on progress of various EOCs activities
- Maintains office supply inventories and manages all technical equipment (printers, computers and projectors).
- Establishes the appropriate staffing level for the EOC and continuously monitor organizational effectiveness to ensure that appropriate modifications occur as required. Conducts interviews and facilitates orientation, training, and mentoring on administrative processes and procedures for new staff working at the EOCs
- Develops and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders (government, partners and other non-profit organisations).
- Assists the Project Manager, Polio EOCs with financial management and ensures EOCs budgets and resources is adequately tracked.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned staff.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree from college or university in Public Health, International Development, Project Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate degree experience experience working in International Development.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with government health ministries and agencies or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience preferably with a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective project teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Training and presentation experience is preferred
- Exemplary skills with leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams, as well as mentoring other team members.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholder
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
Certifications and Licenses
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
Language/ Communication Skills
- English is the spoken and written language so English fluency is required; knowledge of Hausa is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation and oral presentation skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here