- The position entails leading and managing a team of Transactors / professionals with overall responsibility of end-to end corporate finance business including origination, structuring, execution and distribution of cross border & domestic transactions across Nigeria.
- To assist SSA Corporate Finance Head on regional deals
In particular, this position and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Leading and coordinating the direct end to end origination, structuring, distribution and execution of episodic debt funding solutions for high impact customers in conjunction with EMEA based capital Markets Origination (CMO )Partners ;
- Structuring nonstandard funding solutions whilst driving multi product cross sell and acting as a critical catalyst to deliver ‘One Citi ’ to customers in close collaboration with product, industry, risk and Business/ coverage partners in Nigeria
- Procuring investors for structured & funded solutions in form of international, regional, and Local financial institutions – including banks , non-bank investors multilateral and bilateral financial institutions and other non -traditional investors ;
- Managing and mitigating all risk aspects embedded in the episodic CF transactions, including credit, XB, liquidity and operational risks;
- Leading the presentation & pitches to high impact clients
Reporting Line, Matrix Partners & Relationships:
The position will report jointly to the Corporate & Investment Banking Head, Nigeria, and Corporate Finance Head, Sub-Saharan Africa
The position requires significant matrix partnership & transactional collaboration with various regional product and industry teams.
Key Requirements & Skills:
Specialized Skills/ Experience:
- Demonstrated self – starter with proven ability to develop stretch goals.
- 10-12 years banking experience within a developing and / or developed market context, of which a minimum of seven (7) years should be relevant & specific debt episodic experience.
- Strong understanding of financial and capital markets with applied corporate finance transactional experiences.
- Strong origination and business development skills.
- Excellent communication skills: Oral, written as well as presentational.
- Strong analytical and credit skills.
- Strong Product Knowledge – especially of structured products involving complex / large transactions.
- Risk assessment, approval and management experience in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability of managing a team
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
Firm specific knowledge and capability:
- Intimate understanding of Citi’s global product & industry / sector capabilities at the EMEA hub;
- Applied experience in the workings and interactions of Citi’s matrixed operating model;
- Ability to holistically& effectively cross-sell Citi’s products;
- Supporting senior management in strategy execution and business initiatives.
- Large geography with dynamic risk environment – strong emphasis on risk, compliance & controls;
- Relative paucity of specialized resources – strong emphasis on training and development;
- Significant emphasis on teamwork &leveraging the Citi ecosystem & organization;
- Diverse and demanding customer base – strong emphasis on delivery of creative and often non- standard solutions.
- Possession of a broad complement of execution and structuring skills;
- Effective leadership & execution of episodic transactions.
- Strong negotiating and originating skills;
- Development of new and innovative funding solutions in response to varied client needs.
- Striving for excellence in client service;
- Demonstrated personal integrity;
- Exercise of good judgment;
- Strong work ethics;
- Display of creativity, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Good listening skills
Leadership, teamwork, and management skills:
- Responsiveness to requests from other parts of the Bank for relationship support;
- Providing guidance , training and coaching to junior members of the team;
- Significant contribution to the leadership and direction of the team.
Commitment to the Bank:
- Demonstrated loyalty and commitment to the Bank’s mission and strategy;
- Adhering to the Bank’s global and host country regulations & compliance requirements;
- Participation in recruiting and training junior employees;
- Fostering an open and multi-cultural working environment.
- Bachelors in Finance or Business Administration (BSc), or equivalent technical qualification;
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent postgraduate degree and /or qualification.
Credit qualifications & Skills:
- Strong credit qualifications, reputation and relationships with Risk architecture & organization.
- Credit initial would be a strong plus.
Candidates should have:
- A good reputation with clients;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in English Language;
- A team Player
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.