Lafarge Group - Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Lafarge ranked amongst the top 10 of 500 companies evaluated by the "Carbon Disclosure Project" in recognition of their strategy and actions against global warming. With the world's leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Duties & Responsibilities
• Receipt of goods from the supplier/delivery agent (Local or Offshore).
• Coordinate the offloading of goods from trucks and containers.
• Ensure all offloading are done according to lay down rules and regulations of the company as regards safety.
• Identifying, labeling, and tagging of all received goods (Local and Offshore).
• Preparation and sending of daily received items reports on excels to user department on daily basis.
• Ensure confirmation of all items received is done within 48 working hours.
• Adequate follow up on items ready for confirmation if
not confirmed with 48hrs through phone calls and Gmail . Posting of all goods received into JD Edward system after
confirmation by user in a timely manner.
• Posting of contract services orders into JD Edward for payment processing.
• Transfer of confirmed and properly coded items received to the Physical and Logistics section for stacking.
• Report back to Purchasing department any goods delivered or supplied not to specification or rejected by user or over supplied.
• Receive and process Suppliers’ invoices for goods and services supplied to the account department for payment
• Keep/file records of all documents as appropriate.
• Ensure update on offshore items received on daily bases is given to purchasing.
• Attend to enquires from Suppliers, contractors etc.
• Preparation and compilation of month end Goods Receiving Provision.
• Participate in the end of the year stock taking exercise.
• Ensure all safety rules and regulations are obeyed by the suppliers and contractors alike in the store.
• Preparation and circulation of daily Fuel and cement bag usage report
• Departmental Safety Correspondent: Responsible for keeping of safety records and information.
• Departmental ISO 9001:2008 Representative/Auditor.
• Coordinate the activities of the Weighbridge Office i.e. weigh-in and weigh-out of consignments (Non-cement
• Attend and participate in materials receipts reconciliation meetings.
• Prepare reports and dispatch to relevant quarters documents (weighbridge tickets)
• Ensure report on detailed daily receipt items is updated.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Be familiar with engineering items, production items and general items.
• Be computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft office professional.
• Possess good analytical and reporting skills.
• Stock and supplying (handling) management.
• Good knowledge about Health & Hazards storage rules & regulations.
• Stock management techniques e.g. calculation of stock levels.
• Techniques of stacking spare parts in proper conditions.
• Computerized systems (especially JD Edwards or similar).
• Knowledge of basic statistics (random sampling analysis, statistical laws as normal).
• Knowledge of technical spares (mechanical, electrical and instrumentation especially for cement plants)
• Solution Oriented
• Effective Influencing skills
• Strategic Thinking skills
• Planning & Implementation
• Must be pro-active
Interested and suitably qualiied candidates should click here to apply online.