Fresh Job Placements at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 12 June, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria. Since then, we have continued to deliver the best possible experience at the most affordable price to our subscribers.
This commitment has led to the growth of our active subscriber base to over 21 million in just six years. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as we continue to build our network and expand to new locations.
Maintain standard operating condition by ensuring all co-location sites are ready for installation (RFI) within a given SLA by all Co-lo partners.
- Update and maintain real time the co-location data base using the cell tracker
- Ensure all ITP's site acceptance document are fully documented and stored in the shared folder
- Track applications and provide progress reports on all sitelocation activities
- Liaise with all co-location providers on sites progress (BTSand ET sites)
- Ensure all RFI'ed co-location sites are handed over to the roll out team within approved SLA
- Resolve access issues with the co-location providers andcontrol access permission and privileges
- Provide visibility of planned co-location sites for all stakeholders
- Ensure testing commissioning and integration of indoor deployment
- Provide weekly report and input into contract drafting, addendum and negotiation
- Prepare and upgrade Etisalat sites for other operators to co-locate as a host
- Prepare and present status updates on collocation related matters
- Performany other duties as assigned by your Manager, Colo upgrade and indoor deployment
- First degree from a recognised University
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- One (1) to Two (2) years post NYSC work experience.
- Business Application Knowledge
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Personal Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
go to method of application »
- Responsible for facilitating collaborative communications across product and solution implementation teams that are cross-functional and dispersed across multiple partner organisations.
- Manage the entire IT production support staff and provide leadership to other applications systems team members in the enhancement and maintenance of application systems relating to production support activities, including integrated software and hardware configurations.
- Accountable for organizing, directing and monitoring staff work assignments,training and coaching, resolution of reported defects as well as the completion of administrative requirements.
- Liaise with all relevant teams to assess solution and/or product adoption and overall user experience.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing and maintaining departmental processes, identifying and resolving departmental issues, and directing, guiding and supporting the staff in the performance of their responsibilities;
- Develop and continually refine the production support procedures;
- Define and manage scope, budget, schedules, priorities and risk across multiple projects/tasks.
- Develop escalation matrix for Mobile Software Application Providers and Aggregators.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the production support staff that provide analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions to reported defects;
- Liaise with product / solution design and implementation teams with learning, observations and escalate defects that require a structural change to design.
- Discuss all production support aspects with application development team;
- Focal point for critical / high impact resolution of defects in products and other solutions in scope.
- Co-ordinate escalation and resolution of major product and service issues;
- Responsible for managing the production support environment and contribute to defining the requirements for other application environments;
- Contribute to the analysis of business process and functional requirements. Review and validate documentation and product/solution specifications;
- Assign work, set individual performance objectives for team members;
- Monitor and control progress through continuous assessment and feedback;
- Ensure the effective coordination of work activities and objectives with other internal departments as required;
- Interact with infrastructure, release management,change management, QA, DBA and application development teams to ensure that the application environments are fit for purpose;
- Prioritize issues raised and schedule resources to resolve accordingly (ensure appropriate on-call support).
- Track the utilization of resources (time and material) across tasks and strive for continuous improvements;
- Provide input into the development of the department budget.
- Manage budget and control expenses while meeting service requirements;
- Develop and maintain good relations with the business community and the outsourced service providers.
- Manage all collaborators to agreed SLA;
- Monitor post production performance trends and develop Service Improvement Plans.
- Ensure availability of SOP manuals for 3rd party products and services.
- Communicate fix status and performance metrics to the relevant teams and management in relation to production support;
- Escalate areas needing support timely;
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the line manager.
- First degree or equivalent in Computer Science/IT, or a related or relevant discipline;
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- 6 to 8 years post-NYSC experience in all phases of application software development, solution architecting, infrastructure and solutions/maintenance life cycles in an enterprise environment. Solid knowledge of solution development alternatives;
- Previous supervisory role (1-3 years) in solution development,full-stack development and/or infrastructure lead experience required. Solid knowledge and experience of DevOps, agile delivery and related or similar paradigms desirable;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Intelligent Network platforms (or similar)in use at Etisalat Nigeria, VAS, protocols and technologies are strong requirements;
- Strong ability to facilitate collaborative communications.
- Well-developed business communications skill (verbal and written), team player, change agent, excellent project management skills, good scheduling, planning and risk awareness and the ability to drive performance within cross-functional team;
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and analysis, verbal and written communications skills and proven ability to manage teams that are cross-functional and dispersed across multiple partner organisations;
- Strong influencing, planning and relationship management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: Click or search jobs by date. Choose a suitable timeframe e.g. Last 7 Days and then click on Search.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Etisalat NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Receptionists at Ngcom Network Solutions Ltd
- Career Opportunity at Airtel Nigeria
- Jobs at Packetclouds Consults
- Business Development Officers at Netspex Limited
- Finance and Admin Officer at My Kustoma Innovative Technology Limited
- Job Opening at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Job Vacancies At A Leading Nigerian Based Managed IT Security Services Provider (MSSP) - LUDAEL Services Limited
- Latest Job Opportunity at Transsion Holdings