Hobark International Limited is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos. The group offers the following services.
Completions, Well Intervention, Workover Well Services
• Responsible for providing comprehensive and onsite support to completion operations complying with COMPANY policies and procedures.
• Ensures that the Well Intervention (pumping. stimulation, sand control, water/gas shut-off well testing, etc) programmes and associated plans are developed and implemented in the most efficient, safe, environmentally friendly and cost effective manner, taking fully into account all COMPANY and Legislative requirements and regulations.
• Job preparation, operation follow up, supervision, follow up on technical approval of operations, give order to service companies, End of Well Reporting
1 – Safety.
• Familiarize self with COMPANY emergency procedures, carry out assigned responsibilities safely and report any incident, unsafe act or operation.
• Promote the safety of persons, the protection of environment and assets of the COMPANY and service companies concerned in all COMPANY operations.
• Ensure all personnel under his supervision are aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring to check compliance.
• Promote professionalism and respect of our COMPANY rules, best practices and technical excellence.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment., by abiding by:
- Local Statutory Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations
- Corporate Health, Safety & Environment Policy, and applying Safety Management Systems.
• Review HSE risk acceptance criteria and specific emergency preparedness requirements for well testing, stimulation/pumping projects and update as required.
• Maintain an overview of all non-conformances, which have arisen with regard to specific Well Intervention (Pumping, stimulation, sand control, water/gas shut-off, well testing, etc) projects.
• Review the preparation of the HSE case for the well testing and completion project.
2 - Preparation/ supervise/Optimisation
• Meet with service companies to ensure that all equipment are tested and ready to go and all safety and test certificates are up dated.
• Provide completion supervision and assistance at the rig site when required.
• Bring experience to support and optimise operations.
• Prepare the budget for the activities.
• Identify, locate and select resources for Well Intervention (Pumping, stimulation, sand control, water/gas shut-off, well testing, etc) operations: personnel, equipment, intervention means, marine support, services.
• Control the data and information from the site are correct and consistent with operations ongoing, in order to ensure that reliable database is built. Study course of operations to identify strong and weak points. Propose/recommend measures aimed at improving the Well Intervention (Pumping, stimulation, sand control, water/gas shut-off, well testing, etc) operations.
• Participate in Call for Tender preparation (technical support)
• Interface with on site production manager to support the day by day operations, ensuring lessons learnt are systematically captured, recorded and incorporated into future programs in order to continuously improve the performance and safety of operations.
• Strong Interface with Slickline Superintendent, Well servicing Engineer.
• Ensure job programs and its implementation are in line with COMPANY rules,
• Write up of the end of well report, update well files database, evaluate contractor performance
• Propose optimisation and standardisation for Well Intervention (Pumping, stimulation, sand control, water shut-off, well testing , etc) operations. Know How Feedback.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise other onshore and offshore well operations as required including PLTs, pressure surveys, fishing,
perforations, cased hole logging, sand clean-out, gas shut off, water shut-off, gas injections, water injections, etc.
3 - Program/ job design
• Write programs
• Select and order appropriate equipment according to statement of requirement and operational planning.
• Work closely with Completions and Well Intervention Engineers
• Estimate and monitor costs versus approved budget estimates AFEs, and continually strive to reduce cost.
4 - Well Intervention Equipment and Associated services
• Perform material and service requests and follow up the process also keep record of them.
• Control and follow up downhole equipment stock status from different warehouses,
• Supervise the preparation of well intervention sub-assemblies in the contractor’s base;
• Investigate and report on offshore incidents and non-conformances that are assigned to his area of activity.
• Follow up the well specific HSE plan during the operations.
• Participate to regular well service and stimulation unit inspections with contractor and act on the results of these.
• Ensure QA/QC commitments from services companies are applied.
• Follow and apply COMPANY Rules.
5 - Accountabilities
• Responsible to review job/service tickets and verify if they are in compliance with contractual requirements and quote proposals. He is signing them before Head of Well servicing approves the invoices.
• Request various quotations to issue Material or Service request.
• Look for best services versus Cost.
• Participate in training and development of National staff.
• Liaise with Completion & Intervention Manager on all aspects of the completion and well intervention activities
• Port Harcourt with regular site supervision (offshore and onshore) when necessary.
• Rotational, 4 weeks ON (7 days a week, including public holidays and weekends) * 4 weeks OFF.
• Working hours of 12 hours a day apply for SERVICES performed at onshore or offshore WORKSITES.
SERVICES Personnel Profile:
• Minimum experience 10-15 years working experience in completion activities (onshore & offshore on exploration & development wells, work-over well servicing). Good experience in various Well Intervention operations using Coil Tubing and Pulling/Snubbing unit is required.
• Experience with slickline and E-Line operations and on various completion techniques (Reservoir Wellbore Interface-sand control, hydraulic fracturing, water shut –off techniques, smart completion, etc.)
• Compliant with HSE CR: Well control certificate, RSE certificate.
• Required Competencies:
- Analytical approach to the problems, ability to analyse and solve technical and complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Very good oral, presentation and written communication skills in English.
- PC literate with word processing and spreadsheet applications in a Windows environment.
• Required skills: Rigorous, curious, well organised, reactive, team work / Flexible to handle operations from office, Offshore or Onshore. On location leadership
• Mandatory Trainings:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.