Fugro collects and interprets data related to the earth's surface and the soils and rocks beneath and provides advice, for purposes related to the oil and gas industry, the mining industry and the construction industry. Fugro operates around the world at sea, on land and from the air, using professional, highly-specialized staff and advanced technologies and systems.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the supervision and coordination of business development activity and reports to the management of Fugro Nigeria. The BDM will work closely with the Regional Business Development Manager. By closely monitoring the market, the client’s requirement and the overall activity, trends and regulations in Nigeria, the BDM will gain and maintain an accurate knowledge of market trends and opportunities in the Region. The BDM will be responsible for building close relationships with existing and new clients and actively overseeing tendering activities of Opco’s tendering in Nigeria. In addition the BDM will be responsible for maintaining detailed knowledge on local rules and regulations as well as Nigerian tendering portals.
Roles And Responsibilities
Strategic Business Development
- Assist the Regional Business Development Manager in setting out a marketing strategy and business objectives.
- Evaluate market trends in the industry, including prices, new technology.
- Monitor competition and stimulate competition activity tracking.
- Establish factors that will influence the strategy in Nigeria (technology, personnel, marketing, investments) in close association with the General Manager.
- Review registration of company to enable them to carry out business.
- Review potential strategic acquisition or alliance to grow the business.
Client Relationship Management
- Undertake research and build up client profile.
- Identify new potential clients and stakeholders.
- Development of a customer relationships management system.
- Implement and stimulate coordinated CRM within FNL SD and inter-regional
- Stimulate / undertake client visits and coordinate visits within Fugro Africa Survey group.
- Liaise with clients frequently to obtain assessment of own services.
- Compile commercial information for monthly and quarterly financial report.
- Coordinate yearly market assessment.
- Compile commercial and marketing section for profit plan report.
- Annual analysis of FNL SD clients.
- Support reporting procedures.
Marketing Strategy and communication
- Coordination of FNL SD marketing materials development and updates.
- Coordination of participation of exhibition, tradeshows, liaise with other Opcos.
- Coordinate and stimulate publications.
Cross Divisional Marketing
- Monitor commercial activity of Fugro Opcos in Nigeria.
- Support Fugro Group by providing legal, financial advise for work in Nigeria and assist Commercial Managers and Tendering Co-ordinators as and when necessary
- Liaise with and assist in the promotion and sales of other group related services.
- Promote a global approach to integrated services within SD.
- Promote FNL SD role and set up in Nigeria within the Fugro Group.
- Co-ordination of activities between regional branches for efficient execution of projects.
- Facilitate and stimulate innovation and development of new products and services.
- Support market introduction (internally and toward clients) and commercialization of new products.
- Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company Management System on Quality and HSE related issues.
- Stimulate, guide and support commercial mindset, pro activity and communication amongst commercial personnel.
- Participate in weekly ICO conference calls
- Liaise with FNL ONGE peers and co-ordinate combined BD and tendering activity
Principal Working Relationship
- Work with FNL SD General Manager to establish FNL SD development plan and strategies.
- Liaise with FAS Business Line Managers and Commercial Managers to assist in implementation of business objectives per business line or for regional offices.
- Work closely with FAS Business Line Managers and Commercial Managers to coordinate marketing and services to clients.
- Work with other Opco Business Line Managers and Commercial manager to provide support and exchange information.
- Work with Operations Departments to better understand activity and client’s requirements.
- M.Sc or B.Sc level in Marine, Land Survey or related field.
- Min 10 years in survey industry.
- Min 3 years of commercial experience.
- English Language
- Entrepreneurial mindset, team player, motivator, bridging cultural differences
- Living in Lagos or willing to relocate to Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.