GENESIS HOUSE PROGRAM MANAGER
Responsible for overseeing, facilitating, and coordinating the activities of clients & volunteers, ensuring the optimum treatment, care, and service delivery. S/he acts as an advocate for Genesis House clients, ensuring their welfare, comfort, discipline, and support. S/he sets the house rules and procedures and serves as the “go-to” person whenever staff have immediate concerns or needs to be addressed. S/he acts as Director when the Director is unavailable and supports the Program Director in all aspects of the Program.
Leadership and Management Activities
- Support the Program Director in activity planning, budget development, and preparing management reports for the Program Board, Executive Secretary, and the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure periodic (monthly and quarterly) generation of accurate management reports (accounting reports, staff performance, monitoring and evaluation reports, etc.) for review by the Program Director, Executive Secretary, and Program Board.
- Participate in management team meetings and attend Board meetings.
Program Planning and Management
- Oversee program delivery, quality of care, and client welfare.
- Engage in the iterative process of program design and development in order to deliver efficient and effective services to clients.
- Review program design, efficiency and effectiveness and make recommendations to the Program Director and Executive Secretary.
- Manages program staff, consultants, and volunteers to ensure end-to-end seamless delivery of program services.
- Establish weekly case review meetings to track progress of clients to ensure coordinated implementation of treatment plans and service utilization.
- Evaluate treatment procedures to ensure attainment of objectives and goals regarding rehabilitation.
- Ensure all staff and program services are in compliance with legal and ethical standards as set by local regulatory agencies and international best practices.
- Evaluate and process incoming client eligibility for GH Rehabilitation process.
- Responsible for the supervision of the admissions, intake/discharge processes.
- Liaise and train staff of parent and partner organizations involved with outreach on how to appropriately properly profile prospective clients.
- Provide supervision, crisis intervention, case conferencing and support to program staff.
- Oversees the quality of care at Genesis House to its clients.
- Effectively leverages partner agencies and programs in this field to widen service provision and ensure continuity in type and level of patient care.
- Track program metrics according to established M&E practices and for program grants.
- Perform clients’ periodic progress evaluation, document and submit report to GH Program Director on or before the 30th of the reporting month.
- Maintain clients’ personal files as highly confidential.
- Recruit / engage volunteers ensuring all vacancies are filled.
- Participate in fundraising and grant writing process. Ensure availability of data for all grants process.
- Occasionally participate in special events, fundraising, and public presentations.
Any other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Executive Secretary
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social Work, medicine, Social Policy, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, etc.)
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred (Social Policy, Public Health, Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, etc.)
- 6 – 8 work years’ experience, minimum 3 years in a similar role and minimum 3 years in a managerial role.
- Knowledge and experience in various therapeutic orientations and treatment modalities with gender specificity – women; emphasis on faith-based methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills: team building, negotiation, and Conflict resolution skills
- Calm under pressure