StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is Nigeria's sole agent of a renowned Italian manufacturer of dry-cleaning, laundry and finishing equipment. The Company's major undertakings are sales, installation and servicing of dry cleaning, laundry and finishing equipment.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing laundry equipment.
- Manage effectively the laundry equipment spare parts control system as well as to get the best products which suites our standards and the highest quality without affecting our cost management;
- Check all electric panels and mechanical parts for laundry regularly and prevent any avoid any unorganized electric cabling or installation;
- Ensure that all the preventive maintenance, work orders and assignments are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner
- Carry out instructions, work orders or assignments given out by the Supervisors/Managers
- Conduct daily walk through laundry and take corrective action accordingly.
- To maintain necessary stocks and spare parts to ensure equipment are functioning well without interruption and to follow-up with the deliveries.
- Repairs and maintains washers, driers, extractors, condensers, pumps, blowers, presses, and other laundry equipment: Operates, examines, and dismantles equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Repairs or replaces parts, using handtools and measuring instruments.
- Replaces components, such as bearings, motors, and microswitches.
- Replaces faulty sections of pipe, valves, and fittings, using plumbing tools.
- Dismantles steam traps and removes sediment.
- Removes faceplate from equipment to clean out dust and lint.
- Replaces worn or torn aprons, roll covers, and pads on mangles.
- Lubricates machines and equipment, using grease gun and oilcans.
- May order spare parts.
- Working knowledge of occupational safety and health.
- Education: National Diploma/HND/ Trade Test certificate in Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 years
go to method of application »
Our client is a group of companies. As a result of growth, the position of an Account Assistant has become vacant.
Job Location: Lagos State.
Employees in this job correct, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems.
- Accounts receivable
- Generate sales invoices and credit notes
- Reconcile accounts receivable subsidiary ledger with general ledger
- Maintain aged debtors’ trial balance within policy thresholds and follow up customers with outstanding balances
- Prepare aged debtor lists and contact clients in order to procure outstanding payments
- Liaise with section managers; follow up of longstanding/delinquent debtors.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers; staff.
- Banking duties as required.
- Accounts payable and inventory
- Data entry of vendor invoices
- Maintenance of inventory data base
- Generate vendor payments as required
- Reconciliation of petty cash
- Assist with processing of credit card reconciliations
- General ledger
- Prepare month-end reconciliations, journals, accruals and pre-payments, to trial balance
- Prepare month-end sales & management reporting as necessary
- Payroll support
- Prepare and process payroll as at when due
- Prepare, check and reconcile payroll reports to ensure accuracy of processing.
- Provide high quality, prompt advice to staff on finance policies, processes and queries.
- Other administrative and accounts duties as assigned from time to time.
Education, Skills & Attributes
- HND/BSc in accounting ( not a chartered accountant)
- 4 – 5 years work experience in similar field
- MUST have knowledge of accounting software packages
- Must be IT savvy
- Must be a student member of ICAN
- Must be very good with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and attention to detail in a busy, changing work environment.
- Ability to plan and organise work schedule and work within tight timelines
- Cultivates productive working relationships by actively participating in teamwork and group activities.
- Displays personal drive and integrity working as directed to achieve work objectives
go to method of application »
A pioneer and Market Leader in the Dry Cleaning / Laundry Service Industry dedicated to ensuring international best practice in its Operations, and Service output currently seeks the service of an enthusiastic and innovative Senior Level Manager to fill the role of a General Manager.
This role involves taking the lead for Planning, directing and coordinating all activities of the various Branches in the Company; to ensure the strategic use of human and material resources and oversee functions such as Operations, Administration, and Finance. The GM is expected to develop and coordinate interdependent systems for maximum efficiency. S/He should also be able to influence and manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance of the business.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic with capability to use initiative and intellectual capital to derive solutions.
- The ability to prioritize a heavy workload and deal with the pressures this creates.
- High achiever with evidence of continuous leadership roles and academic prowess.
- Attention to detail, display natural tact/discretion with imagination and drive.
- Should be able to devise and implement policies for business profitability
- Drive the development and implementation of the Service, Sales and Profitability plans
- Ensure a robust communication system is set-up for information sharing on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business needs and/or opportunities, etc among all branches, locations and employees
- Ensure that all areas of work performance or departments are properly staffed and directed
- Provide training, coaching, development and motivation to bring out the best in each team member
- Ensure that all branches are managed with high ethical standards, and in compliance with all government regulations
- Ensure that all risks associated with the company’s operations are proactively identified and mitigated at all times
- Ensure adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s Policy, Processes and Procedures at all times.
- Evaluate regularly the effectiveness of operations, to see that policies are being observed and that goals are being attained
- Responsible for effective and efficient Procurement system for the company
- Monitor the Supply chain and recommend improvement where necessary
- Review the monthly supplier performance report and ensures that appropriate action is taken
- Monitor the Procurement Imprest to ensure that reimbursement is done at the right time
- Ensure the safekeeping of company assets, including structures, equipment, inventory and cash
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in Public or Business Administration, or other related Social Science discipline.
- 6 – 10 years experience, with a minimum of 4 years in a Senior Management role in a reputable organization.
- Excellent Presentation, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge and usage of computer applications.
- Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Management or other relevant professional bodies.
Method of Application
SEND CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘Laundry Technician’ OR 'GOC-ACC' OR 'GM- Laundry Services' as subject of mail.
Closing date is 20th June, 2015