Job Opportunity at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc - FZE
Posted on: 10 June, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at NigerDock
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Nigerdock Nigeria Plc - FZE is West Africa’s Leading Industrial Corporation focused on Oil & Gas construction and major marine services including offshore and pressure vessel fabrication, ship building and repair, industrial training and specialised Oil & Gas and Maritime support. It is strategically located on Snake Island Integrated Free Zone, an impressive industrial free zone facility and port development on an island in the coastal waterways of Lagos, with immediate access to the open seas.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The role is to support the Head of Information Management in the day to day running of the IM department and to deputise during leave periods.
- This will include ensuring that the day to day operations of both the IT and Application Support departments are run in accordance with policies and procedures and that they meet the defined KPI's and project managing specific projects and initiatives in both departments.
Key Aims and Objectives:
- Ensure that the department operates to the appropriate policies and procedures
- Ensure that existing software applications are properly managed
- Ensure that support teams resolve support issues promptly with effective communication to end users on resolution issues and timescales.
- Ensure that changes in the system configurations follow the correct change management process.
- Ensure that unresolved issues are escalated to vendors and promptly and followed up until resolved.
- Work with end user departments when directed to, to look at current business practices and processes and make recommendations on how these can be improved either through more effective use of existing software or through the implementation of new software applications. Support these recommendations, as necessary, with business cases and Return on Investment calculations.
- Monitor end user usage of all company wide systems (internet, printing, telephone and e-mail) to ensure compliance with company policy and escalate where non-compliance is found.
- Review infrastructure usage and future requirements and make recommendations where appropriate to improve or expand to meet business needs.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Protect and enhance the company reputation.
- Ensure that all work done is in accordance with the company Health and Safety policy and procedures and that any observed Health and Safety issues are reported through the proper channels
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding application data
- To assist the corporate management team in maintaining appropriate professional standards for corporate execution.
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Head of Information Management
- Heads of Departments/Project Managers
Key External Interfaces:
- IT and applications Vendors
- Extensive technical IT knowledge and experience including VMWare, Windows networking, Exchange
- Server, Oracle and Microsoft database technologies, advanced IP networking, IT security, IP and traditional telephony and desktop computers and software.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP and business software applications, including the definition of requirements, assisting in product selection, project management, application setup, testing, training and support.
- Excellent business analysis skills with the ability to understand end user requirements and translate them into business solution.
- Thorough understanding of corporate business processes especially in supply chain and finance.
- The ability to train staff and corporate team members in the use of software applications
- Dynamic individual who can work under pressure and complete tasks quickly and accurately, with a minimum of supervision
- 5 -10 years of experience working outside of Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should clickhere to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about NigerDockSimilar Jobs
- Management Accountant at Aldelia Group
- Job Vacancies at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Job Vacancies at an Upstream Oil & Gas Company - Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Hydraulic Fracking Specialist at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria CONT.
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Client Account Manager at A Multinational Oil And Gas Company - Aldelia Limited