Neconde is a growing Global Energy Company in Nigeria with an unstoppable quest for being recognised as one of the leading energy companies in the world.
We are constantly striving to achieve and maintain excellence in a highly challenging Industry, where oil and gas activities may be found, and relies on the right skills and personalities like you with the drive and tenacity for nothing less than the best.
Working at Neconde offers you a competitive remuneration, an impressive array of benefits, excellent career development and a positive working environment.
Responsible for all Neconde Drilling Contracts activities in Warri & Lagos
Main Activities and Responsibilities
1. To coordinate C&P activities in the, Drilling & Engineering Departments.
2. To assist the Head, C & P Department in the implementation of the C&P processes and procedures across the relevant departments.
3. To assist the Head, C & P at the strategy and planning stage, to develop C&P strategy and contracting plans. Work with Sponsors in the Drilling & Engineering to prepare contracting strategies and contract plans for each year.
4. Work closely with the Drilling & Engineering Departments in developing work scopes, prepare invitations to tender (ITT’s) and requests for quotations (RFQ’s), prepare tender and bid documents.
5. Responsibility for drafting contracts for all Drilling Services. Although Warri based there will be extensive travel to Lagos, Benin, the Field and various Contractors premises as required
6. Coordinate technical and commercial evaluations, prepare draft contracts and negotiate commercial terms.
7. Liaise closely with, Drilling & Engineering and Sponsors to ensure all contracts are tendered for and executed in line with the C & P Procedures on a timely basis.
8. To work closely with NPDC as Operator of OML42/other stakeholders and represent Neconde in the actual tendering exercises pertaining to Drilling & Engineering to ensure that industry best practices especially as it pertains to C & P procedures and processes are adhered to and Neconde’s interests are fully protected.
9. Assist NPDC in setting Technical and Commercial criteria for Drilling & Engineering tender evaluations
10. Monitor Contracts & PO creation (w.r.t Drilling & Engineering) by NPDC to ensure the terms and conditions are water-tight and the JV interest is protected particularly as a Non-Operator.
11. Facilitate contract negotiation meetings in conjunction with the Head, Contracts and the Sponsors/Contract Holders if and when necessary
12. Facilitate the proper filing of all hard and soft documentation in respect of the Tender/Contract from tender initiation to Contract close-out stage in conjunction with the C & P Department
13. Facilitate kick off meetings with Contractors in close conjunction with the Drilling & Engineering Sponsors/Contract Holders prior to the finalisation of contracts if and when necessary ensuring that Contractors meet the tendered and pre-contract execution requirements.
14. Facilitate monthly/quarterly Suppliers meetings and assist with performance review and identification of performance and cost improvement opportunities.
15. Initiate action for inclusion of appropriate incentives in contracts and execution of work.
16. Creation and maintenance of functional register of all Contractors/Vendors within the Drilling & Engineering Departments in conjunction with the C & P Department - Document Controller/Systems Analyst ensuring the updating of all data in this regard.
17. The regular review of all tender items/contracts within the Drilling & Engineering Departments ensuring that time schedules are being adhered to and contract ceiling values are not exceeded
ADDITIONAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES WITH REGARDS TO CATEGORY MANAGEMENT ARE:
18. In partnership with internal customers, develop appropriate sourcing strategies which support the overall business and procurement strategy.
19. Educate internal customers to ensure broad understanding and awareness of contracting strategy, and the value creation benefits of the contracting function.
20. Develop and manage strategic supplier relationships, including negotiation of contracts and agreements with the support of senior stakeholders.
21. Set strategies and priorities for the category and subcategories ensuring that appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the strategies, including the delivery of significant savings as agreed with senior stakeholders.
22. Assist the Cost Engineers/Sponsors in managing the analysis of spend and share best practices
1. Focal point for Contracts in NEL (But more relevantly, to the Drilling & Engineering Department )
2. Coordinate a continuous improvement in the tendering and contracting process within NEL.
3. Cost identification and savings through improved contract pricing structures.
4. Adherence to stakeholder (NNPC/NPDC/NAPIMS/NCDMB) and internal (C & P) procedures.
5. Budget Monitoring support to management in respect of Contracting strategies and monitoring.
6. Protection against liabilities and claims and secure compliance with all contractual and legal obligations.
7. Steering of risks analysis exercises in respect of Contracts vis-a-vis projects especially Drilling Programs.
8. Elimination of unfavourable terms and conditions in contracts.
9. Ensuring that contract ceilings and durations are not exceeded.
10.Monitoring contractor performance and provide measurements of performance such as numbers of non-compliance reports issued, Non Performance record of contractor, etc
This role is generally responsible for processing and monitoring of invoices and issuing payments. Providing these services and accounts payable transactions in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective, accurate and up to date, and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits. Accurate input to accounting system with minimum supervision, reconciliations and support to SA & FAM as required.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Required Education and Experience:
Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate/graduate degree in accounting and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Accounting. Accounting Certification preferred. Experience/knowledge of SAP, Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgersactivity-based cost accounting. Knowledge of US GAAP and country-specific accounting principles is required.
1. Book-keeping skills
2. Strong analytical skills.
3. Attention to detail
Interested and qualified candidates should Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org