Our client is the insurance leader in Africa, operating in over 20 countries mainly in the non-life insurance segment.
The Managing Director is responsible for operations and strategy implementation. This will require setting up of a proactive team to drive expansion of the business .
The Managing Director is fully responsible for optimizing operations and cost to achieve the set target which is to double the size of the business within a year.
Strategic planning & performance management
- Defines the Strategy of the group in Nigeria in coordination with the HQ based in Morocco
- Responsible for implementing the strategy at a country level
- Drives process standardization
- Develop and execute business strategies in the country to deliver growth targets
- Prepare annual budgets for the region , achievement of monthly revenue/ profit budgets & forecasts
- Develop territory, sector, product sales plans to deliver growth
- Review all contracts with the commercial department , ensure adherence to risk management procedures
HR performance & Talent Management
- Recruits, develops and promotes human resources in the Country
- Permanently aiming at building the “best team”
- Fostering team building
- Encouraging team work
- Communicating openly with the team
Transparency & internal Control
- Define & put in place norms and procedures for internal control in order to guarantee operational security and the assets of the organisation
- Ensure that procedures and internal controls are respected
- Be aware of risks and threats to the organisation as soon as they appear.
Communication and Company Image
- Act as the main representative of the institution in respect to Government agencies and the media
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with regulatory bodies.
- MBA equivalent + 10 to 15 years minimum of experience in Insurance
- Experience with core insurance systems & packaging
- Industry specific analytics in the insurance space
- Risk management experience in multiple disciplines and/or entreprise risk management
- Knowledge of relevant insurance regulatory frameworks
- Experience in Nigeria or neighbouring countries.
- Fluent English, French is a plus
Very attractive Expatriate package