PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com
The Job Concept
The position of network administrator ensures a seamless day-to-day operability of the firm’s network and telecoms infrastructure that guarantees full and effective implementation of the firm’s information management systems. Such infrastructure includes radio hardware, LAN devices, WAN devices, wireless devices, PABX, IP Based devices, etc
This is an executive position; he/she is responsible for the Network Engineers and reports to the Network Manager.
* Provide technical guidance on Networking Projects with vendors;
* Support the maintenance of networked devices
* Manage all local network upgrades and back-up processes
* Support in the security remediation of networked devices .e.g Cisco, Routers, etc
* Assist in developing network security policies and plans
* Monitor the availability of network links and efficiency
* Test redundancy of network links and carry out successful failover for network systems equipped for business continuity / disasters recovery
* Monitor performance of IS equipments ( routers, switches, etc)
* Working as a team member in a project environment, including multi-disciplinary teams
* Assist in determining and carrying out key needs for effective telecommunication system
* Providing network administrative support on operating system components such as Windows 2003 / 2008 operating systems
* Ensure up-to-date network OS upgrades of all existing firm network devices (bios inclusive)
* Telephone & PABX support
* Maintain inventory of network asset such as Routers, Switches, PABX, netboz, wireless devices, etc
* Must have over 5 years IT experience
* Must have performed oversight function for others or team
* Must have an in-depth knowledge of established computer-industry security procedures for multiple computer platforms
* In-depth experience with security issues on multiple operating systems platforms such as LINUX , Windows 2000/2003/2008/XP/Win7
* In-depth knowledge of PKI, firewalls, VoIP, DMZ, MPLS,MDM,SIEM, Radio & Fibre configuration
* Good written and oral communication ability
* Action planning, Motivating, Analytical mind and strong problem-solving capabilities
* Ability to work independently in a highly dynamic environment and work under intense pressure.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
* Ability to train PwC users on use of computer software and hardware in both office and classroom situations
* Strong work ethics
* First degree or HND in Computer Science and computer related disciplines (Computer Engineering, Computer with Economics, Computer with Mathematics, MIS & Electrical/ Electronics. Certification in Microsoft Technology e.g. MCSE, CCNA will be an added advantage.
go to method of application »
• Take periodic inventory of all PCs/Laptops/Servers within the firm
• Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
• Support in minor troubleshooting process e.g. hard disk recovery and repairs.
• Communicate with customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
• Enter all work tickets into service ticketing or helpdesk system
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies such as windows desktop operating systems
• Ensure system hardware and software meet specified recommendation & performance metrics.
• Monitoring console alerts for errors, failures, or problems; creating new users, resetting passwords, building new workstations; record logs of Windows Servers and monitor availability of all servers.
• Support the backup for all servers
• Must have over 3 years IT experience
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of established computer-industry security procedures for multiple computer platforms
• In-depth experience with operating systems platforms such as Linux, Windows 2000/2003/2008/WinXP/Win7
• Good written and oral communication ability
• Action planning, Motivating, Analytical mind and strong problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to work independently in a highly dynamic environment and work under intense pressure.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
• First degree or HND in Computer Science and computer related disciplines (Computer Science, Computer with Economics, Computer with Mathematics,
• Microsoft certification
go to method of application »
The Job Role
To provide expertise necessary to help clients with financial accounting issues especially related to IFRS reporting and accounting advisory services and to act as a support for senior management in the Capital Market and Accounting Consulting Services Unit.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Provide IFRS technical accounting and business advice to a variety of clients
• Design and agree assignment terms and scope in line with PwC standards and procedures
• Perform IFRS compliance review of financial statements
• Prepare high quality reports and client deliverables
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
• Supervise teams and reporting directly to senior staff
• Work as part of our business development strategy team in the local marketplace
• Provide an on-site co-ordination role for clients including planning, day to day work, liaising with clients and completing IFRS accounting advisory assignments
• Work and liaise with other members of the team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality clients service
• Report directly to a partner, director, senior manager or manager
• Coach and train other staff; and,
• Strong business awareness, sound reporting skills and the ability to work under your own initiative
• Assist in capital market transactions such as reporting accountant engagements, IPO readiness assessments, business acquisitions accounting and advisory, reorganisation and restructuring advisory, etc
. There are also opportunities to work on assurance projects including due diligence, floatations, disposals and other ad hoc projects
• Good working knowledge and understanding of IFRS
• ACCA/ACA qualification (or equivalent)
• Focussed and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
• A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
• Good analytical and organisational abilities
• A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
• Effective communication skills when working at all levels
• A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
• Strong team-working
• Desire for continuous improvement
• Good listening skill
• A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.