VANSO is a financial technology provider focused on delivering cutting edge and innovative solutions in Africa. Through our proprietary payments (MIMO), banking and messaging (VCP) platforms we deliver highly secure, world class solutions for our clients.
- The Java Software Engineer will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development and client training on assigned technology projects.
- Maintain the various environments of assigned technology projects.
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
- Define site objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Developers and Product Owner/Clients for understanding the functional and system requirements. Prepare and conduct system and programming tests in controlled, real life situations before they go live.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- BSc Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related course.
- Professional certifications are desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years systems programming experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Java, HTML, CSS and JavaScrip.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience with different data stores (relational and NoSQL) is essential including performance tuning
- Experience and working knowledge in system integration, web services (SOAP and REST), API development and web security
- Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL and excellent knowledge of SQL, and optimization
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms, experience with large scale distributed systems, low latency programming and data structures
- Knowledge of banking protocols and processes will be an added advantage
- Passion for clean code and clear naming conventions.
- Result driven and highly execution focused.
- Excellent analytical and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve problems.
- Fluent oral and written English required. Knowledge of another major language is not mandatory but could be advantageous.
go to method of application »
The Business Operations Analyst will be part of the team responsible for providing customer service delivery via OTRS, incident management, invoicing, messaging/sms operations support and general business support as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any IT related degree
- Possession of ITIL will be added advantage
- Two (2) years working experience in customer service; from initiation of request to fulfillment
- A general knowledge of and experience in basic accounting principles; must be very good with figures and Invoicing
- Understanding and experience in ethics of business communications
- Excellent use of MS Office Applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Access
- Ability to work well within a team, towards a shared goal
- Ability to work under pressure, grappling with multiple tasks.
- Creative in looking for and suggesting improvements
- Ability to convey factual information clearly and accurately
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Must be thorough, accurate and pay attention to detail
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale