Easy Taxi is the largest taxi booking app in the world. The application connects taxi drivers and passengers, allowing them to experience a fast, convenient and safe ride, with just a tap of the finger. Easy Taxi is available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry and Firefox OS devices, as well as for B2B clients through Easy Taxi Pro and Easy Taxi Corporate solutions.
Easy Taxi is part of Africa Internet Group, a global and leading incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is the leading internet firm of Africa with already over 1,000 employees in 10 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Millicom and Rocket Internet.
We're recruiting for the position of Head of Brand and Communications, a member of the team that will be responsible for defining, planning, and executing internal and external communications and PR strategies - and managing a small creative team or agency - to evangelize the brand story of Easy Taxi Nigeria.
This positions reports to the MD and will be part of the management team at Easy Taxi Nigeria.
- Act as the guardian to the Easy Taxi brand, ensuring verbal and visual integrity across all branded communications channels and content
- Work with Easy Taxi Africa team to craft a compelling brand story and narrative that furthers ET Nigeria's objectives alongside the wider narrative about ET's success across Africa
- Write compelling content for a variety of channels including (but not limited to) web pages, blogs, case studies, presentations, and emails
- Create compelling and effective copy that fits the appropriate audience and marketing channel, including the ability to adapt voice and tone for customers or partners, tell a compelling story, and maintain technical accuracy
- Demonstrate strong copywriting and editing skills, including rewriting, optimizing, and editing content from subject matter experts
- Propose and execute new ways of creating and distributing content that expands Easy Taxi Nigeria's awareness and adoption locally and regionally
- Work with other departments to create effective communications strategies to clearly and effectively articulate our brand value messaging properly and consistently
- Develop and spearhead PR strategy, pitching and managing opportunities for stories, press releases, and news coverage for Easy Taxi Nigeria and key leadership
- Develop written materials ranging from messaging guidelines to story pitches to presentations
- Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize conversion
- 5-7 years cumulative experience in brand marketing, communications, and PR*
- Agency experience a plus as the role manages a small creative team or agency
- Experience copywriting and editing documents and managing content/editorial calendars
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong balance of creative and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal stakeholders and external agencies, and multiple campaigns and projects at once
- Must provide your portfolio of projects that you have written, edited, or contributed to, with documented success
- Must be comfortable presenting ideas to internal and external clients, receptive of feedback and quick to apply changes
- Excellent team player <-- and we really mean this
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well