Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
At the LGA level, implement and monitor ACF’s program objectives of building capacity of health facility staff to deliver nutrition related health care services effectively. Oversees and provide support to the health facilities in order to implement, organise, manage and report all activities. The LGA Officer is responsible for ensuring quality services at the LGA level health facilities, as well as centralising all information such as reports (meeting/training), material requests, procurement request/stock request order, transport requests, program documents and any other information required by the Program Manager.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• To supervise & monitor CMAM activity implementation at the LGA level health facilities, according to the National CMAM Guidelines.
• To assess and build the capacity of the staff at the LGA level health facilities
• Responsible for regular reporting, data analysis and communication
• HR Management of the Community Mobilization Officers
Diploma in Health Sciences with a Major in Nutrition or related field; Bachelor level degree a plus
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Experience in nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally CTC/CMAM), including monitoring and evaluation
• High level of self-discipline, ability to adhere to strict deadlines, organizational skills
• Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
• Demonstrable ability to report timely
• Computer literacy
• Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
• Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
• Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
• Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages (Fulani and Kanuri)
• Transparency, high ethical values and commitment to protection of children and vulnerable populations
• Commitment to ACF values and principles
• Local to Yobe state and well integrated into local community
• Trained in adult education/learning and effective training techniques
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday 14th June, 2015 will not be considered.