Entry-Level Job Vacancies at Focus Hub Nigeria
Posted on: 9 June, 2015
Deadline: 21 June, 2015
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
Focus hub Nigeria is a technology innovation and digital entrepreneurship center in the Niger Delta of Nigeria with a mandate to create sustainable business models dedicated to solving development challenges encountered in the Niger Delta.
We have three main ideologies that guide our actions:
- Promoting technology and innovation use for development.
- Creating job opportunities and wealth.
- Revolutionize the start-up movement in the Niger Delta to facilitate the development of the region and to maximize the opportunities available for everyone.
We are currently supporting a number of startups and we need smart, young and technology savvy people to work with our team, to fill the position of:
- You are passionate about Web development, believe that all websites should be responsive out of the box, and know that following coding standards is not optional, it's required.
- You are a self-starter and not afraid to use Google to find inspiration.
- You enjoy a challenge and are open to different ideas and working in a collaborative environment.
- As a Web developer, you will be responsible for web development projects within the hub.
- You will be part of a team that is dedicated to building and maintaining platforms for business startups.
- You will work with project managers, designers, and other developers to meet business need.
- Develop highly visible responsive websites based upon delivered requirements and design.
- Manage timelines and resource allocation.
- Support best practices in content execution.
Who are we looking for?
- 1 or more years of Web development, with a focus on cross browser compatibility and responsive code.
- A full understanding of Web development best practices and security.
- Intermediate PHP and jQuery skills.
- Ability to find your way around MySQL.
- Solid HTML5 and CSS3 skills.
- Experience working with data formats like JSON or XML.
- Ability to keep pace in a dynamic environment.
- Photography and Graphic Design skills are desirable.
- A Degree in Computer Science other related fields.
- Working experience in Startup/engineering firm is desirable but not compulsory.
- Less than 28 years of age.
- Based in Port Harcourt.
go to method of application »
- Develop comprehensive proposal for various stakeholders
- Manage blog posting and also the media hub.
- Manage social media platforms.
- Develop and implement a fund raising proposal.
- Develop a grant proposal writing process.
- Write press reports, news releases and manage public relations/press agencies
- Plan and implement events for the hub.
- The role requires an understanding of the place of ICT in international development. Be prepared to tackle new challenges and ultimately push the sector towards a better practice.
- Contribute to project Planning and business development to ensure that technical.
- Deliver high-quality marketing and sales strategy support.
- Recent graduates or interns with Degree in Communications, Journalism or other related fields
- Past experience producing content for the web (blog, Facebook, Twitter, articles)
- Fundraising and events management experience
- Digital marketing or content marketing experience
- Experience in web analytics tools (Google Analytics), and social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.)
- Ability to optimize content for search engines and lead generation
- Proven written communication skills. Published online or traditional media content is a plus
- Thorough understanding of the digital media space, social media channels, e-mail marketing, and how to get users to engage with content
- Less than 28 years of age
- Based in Port Harcourt.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position applied for on the subject area.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Job Openings at Swift Talk Limited
- Senior/Lead Dev Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Graduate Mobile Apps Developer at Zercom Systems Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at Riddle Technologies Limited
- Information Technology Roles at Huntech Solutions
- Graduate Digital Marketer/Content Curator & Ecommerce Specialists at LetsLearn.ng - Brainiacs STEM & Robotics
- Graphics Design Intern at Exolve Technologies Limited