International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps has been working in Nigeria since 2013 with State offices in Kano, Sokoto and Borno. International Medical Corps intend to fill the under listed vacant positions urgently in its office of operations in Nigeria.
The Field Manager/ Head of Office will oversee and support a large team comprising a WASH Manager, GBV Manager, technical staff in the GBV and WASH sectors as well as staff from support departments including logistics, finance and administration at field office level.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPEIRENCE
- University degree in International Affairs, Public Administration, Management, Finance or Administrative studies, Social sciences, or Program Management
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a senior management position preferably in a conflict-affected environment, or in humanitarian aid.
- Familiarity with Health/Medical, Food Security and Nutrition, WASH, and Gender based violence prevention programs.
- Ability to live and work in remote, often insecure areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge in proposal writing, donors report writing, especially with ECHO and OFDA.
- Proved ability to develop a Contact network to follow security and to analyse raising tensions and context environment. Proven leadership, team-building, and management experience.
- Ability to form, motivate, and work in a team.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to form and implement systems and procedures and ensure their adherence.
- Proven computer literacy skills.
- Ability to work under difficult working and living conditions.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is mandatory
go to method of application »
The primary function of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M& E) is to conduct ongoing assessments and monitoring progress of the Emergency response program activities in meeting set goals and objectives, monitor the program effectiveness in the timely delivery of lifesaving interventions for affected population in Maiduguri/Borno; work with sectors’ coordinators in timely identification of bottle necks to the response and recommend/support immediate corrective action. The M&E Officer will also lead on identifying best practices in the Maiduguri response, identification of and dissemination of lessons learned. The M&E will also lead on the design and implementation of emergency response data collection tools, and their application to timely and efficient reporting as per internal and donor requirements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree ( Masters preferred) in Social work, Development studies, Economics or Statistic
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with an international non-governmental organization as a monitoring and evaluation Officer
- Capacity to design relevant monitoring and evaluation tools, collect, analyze data, and formulate key recommendations to inform programs accordingly
- Familiarity with humanitarian response programming; knowledge of the North East Nigeria context will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience working with program teams in developing/writing program reports for internal and donor consumption
- Willingness to live and work in North-East Nigeria ( Maiduguri) with frequent travel to field sites within Borno State
- Fluency in English and Hausa is mandatory
Method of Application
- All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps via the email: email@example.com
- Candidates MUST state the Position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application and CV should be in a single Microsoft Word document
- Deadline for submission is June 19, 2015