Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Implement the National Retail Franchise roll out strategy and ensure compliance to defined Retail Operations processes and procedures at all Retail Sales and Service Point
Business Planning & Strategy
- Define and implement the strategy for efficient sales operation at all Airtel Franchise touch points
- Implement and ensure adherence to approved policies and procedures which govern all transactions and dealings at express shops and Kiosks
- Forecast and project Sales per channel.
- Prepare analysis, budget, business case and motivation necessary for strategy implementation.
- Manage relationships with various internal groups in ensuring that service levels are met, and challenges resolved within predefined timelines.
- Provide insight into Kiosk and AES operations and identify opportunities for improvement
- Generate all related reports, dashboards and present same to management while providing recommendations for continuous improvement based on customer feedback and competition analysis
- Design, development, and documentation of Retail Franchise business continuity plans
Process, Policy & Governance
- Implement Mass retail and Retail Franchise Processes and Procedures.
- Implement Franchise Operating Manual.
- Revise and implement Airtel Express Shops (AES) staff operating guidelines
- Design and implement Retail Shop & Franchise segmentation and classification
- Effectively drive and manage governance across retail footprint
- Develop young entrepreneurs to manage Retail Kiosks
- Produce Project Plans for Retail Franchise roll out
- Coordinate and align Regional Retail and HQ SCM team to all shop project
- Follow Up projects to ensure completion as per timelines
- Ensure cross functional alignment – IT, Network, HR, Finance, SCM, Sales in all retail projects.
- Manage all retail franchise projects.
- Drive Revenue growth and Profitability of Mass Retail Kiosks and Franchise outlets
- Motivate Franchise staff to maximize sales to ensure that all targets are achieved.
- Effectively drive and manage target driven initiatives and projects in franchise and mass retail outlets
- Liaise with Regional team to ensure optimum availability and mix of Airtel products and POS across all Kiosks and franchise showrooms
- Develop schedules for training / awareness for Kiosks & franchisee associates.
- Drive excellent service culture in the outlets
- Perform independent review and validation of Shop Operations processes
To develop commercial plans & business cases, business valuations and appraisal of investment opportunities in the Telecoms industry in Nigeria.
To develop competitive intelligence reporting of telecoms industry and carry out data collation, market intelligence report and analyze macroeconomic indicators to identify new investment and growth areas for the business.
Business valuations and Investment Appraisals
- Return on Investment analysis for capital expenditures on tangible and non- tangible telecom assets
- Strategic appraisal and valuation of merger and acquisition proposals.
- Evaluation of business investment opportunities
- Long term business planning
- Greenfield projects, risk and strategic projects evaluation
- Evaluate potential new investments and perform qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Review investments and prepare materials and Investment Committee proposals and presentations
- Interacts with other departments to create financial models in order to evaluate investment profitability under a bearable risk level
Commercial Decision Support
Commercial appraisal of:
- Enterprise Business - Wholesale leased line, fibre swap and carrier business opportunities
- Data Business - New lines of business within data space
- Mobile Money - New applications of mobile money
Market Intelligence and Macroeconomic analysis
- Research investment and economic market trends to create sales ideas and educational white papers.
- Gathers and analyses relevant financial data and economic information from a variety of sources, using financial modelling tools and techniques
- Promote information flow to capture gathered intelligence from internal and external sources.
To provide reports and analysis on business performance drivers/key performance indicators aimed at aiding management decision making to achieve overall business goals
Reporting and Analysis
- Preparation of Daily Closely Watched Numbers (CWN) Reports
- Preparation of weekly Primaries Vs. Decrement Analysis
- Preparation of Weekly Revenue and Segment reports
Site Analysis and Decision Support
- Preparation of Daily Site ROI appraisals & analysis and tracker updates
- Weekly Iternet Protocol Radio Access Network (IPRAN) and second Carrier site-analysis for management decision making
- Site Deployment evaluations & support
- Monthly Zero revenue site analysis and New Site performance update
- Periodic review of Cash Loss Sites with action points tracker by site
Business Review & Analysis
- Collation and validation of monthly Management Accounting Perfomance Analysis (MAPA) inputs in line with HQ guidelines and policies
- Preparation of monthly schedules and analysis for the business review meeting
Monthly & Quarterly Board Reporting Packs
- Preparation of monthly Board reports
- Preparation and compilation of Quarterly Board pack for the Audit Committee