Control Risks is an independent, global risk consultancy specialising in helping organisations manage political, integrity and security risks in complex and hostile environments. We support clients by providing strategic consultancy, expert analysis and in-depth investigations, handling sensitive political issues and providing practical on-the-ground protection and support.
Our unique combination of services, geographical reach and the trust our clients place in us ensure we can help them to effectively solve their problems and realise new opportunities across the world.
We are looking for an authoritative analyst to join our Africa team and assume responsibility for delivering analysis on the political and business environment in West Africa for our clients. Particular expertise on Nigeria is required, but the role demands an ability to assess developments and their implications for business across the West Africa region. The analyst will deliver in-depth bespoke consulting reports and briefings, represent the company at conferences and in the media, and play a leading role in business development. They will also travel regularly within the region.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Take ownership of and responsibility for our analysis and coverage of West Africa, ensuring it prominence internally and externally, including in the media.
- Develop and effectively manage government, academic, journalistic and business contacts in the region, and build effective relationships with Africa-focused experts throughout Control Risks.
- Maintain a high level of regional and country expertise through research, attendance at seminars and trips to the region.
Online subscription services
- Lead on coverage of political and security developments in West Africa of relevance to clients subscribing to Control Risks’ online products, writing regular updates on relevant trends, maintaining country background material and scenarios.
- Liaise with colleagues globally as required on transnational or multi-country coverage.
- Liaise with Control Risks’ joint venture Travel Security Services (TSS) to ensure timely and consistent advice on business continuity and travel through relevant subscription services available to clients.
- Lead on the response to queries from clients that may arise under our political risk retainer service.
- Closely collaborate with Control Risks’ colleagues in the region and around the globe to win and deliver market-entry, resilience and problem-solving consulting projects; proactive client engagement aimed at delivering high-quality advice meeting specific requirements.
- Lead West Africa consulting projects by producing bespoke written reports, briefings and workshops, assessing political, security and operational risks facing clients, including by undertaking deployments in the region.
- Contribute to the development of compelling client deliverables making use of innovative presentation formats, graphics and methodologies.
- Scope and write proposals for work on the region, in close collaboration with practice analysts and consultants as well as colleagues from other departments.
Marketing and business development
- Identify regional trends relevant to clients and assist in pursuing business opportunities for the company.
- Contribute where necessary to marketing activities including thought leadership, promotional publications, press releases and sales initiatives.
Method of Application
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements please email a covering letter and C.V. stating your current salary to: GRA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale