If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At RS Hunter, we believe our clients have the resources, what we do is to galvanize, advice, and partner with our clients to understand the peculiarities of their businesses and then offer the best HR solutions and strategies that work. Our objective is to focus on creating an overall people driven value through training, expert HR advisory services and value enhancement to our clients in small business medium sector range while providing support to larger organizations in the areas of recruitment and executive selection.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
The job of the Account Director is divided into two broad categories, strategic roles and administrative roles. The former is basically the overarching role of the Head, AM. Whilst the latter are the more functional, housekeeping activities that enable him deliver on the strategic/ corporate role.
To grow the agencies billings, by increasing the number of paying accounts and developing existing businesses.
Developing business initiatives that can meet the needs of the market, marketing these ideas within various markets/ industries and creating/ exploiting opportunities for exposure and visibility, the latter will be achieved by ensuring every job is delivered to specifications and meets the business objectives of the clients, thereby satisfying the client, which will in turn encourage them to increase their business with the agency.
Functionally, to achieve Job 1 above, the Account Director will be responsible for managing the account team, and be responsible for the CRM (customer relationship management) on all accounts of the agencies; secondarily he will directly supervise the initiation and execution of all marketing, creative, media, and research projects for the brands. Whilst it is the specific AE, that is the client’s main contact with the agency on a day-to-day basis, and is the representative within the agency for the interests of the brand, Account Director will be in a position to direct all affairs to ensure client is satisfied at all times.
- People Manager, the Account Director needs to manage the team to ensure they are properly motivated and resourced to deliver on all client and brand objectives
- Includes: providing adequate training, overseeing and conducting performance reviews, resolving issues/problems, rotating staff, and providing salary recommendations.
- Ensure the use of “best practices” and effective processes across the department and agency.
- Managing agency resources to ensure cost of running the clients business does not overtake fees/ income on the accounts
- Manage account P&L from negotiating statements of work and retainers, making sure work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms, and increasing ROI for the agency
- Managing client expectations and building client relationships across board
- Interfaces with very high level clients such as the Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Marketing.
- Act as agency lead on cross-agency integrated marketing programs, by participating in multi-agency briefs and work sessions, contributing to overall planning process, representing the interactive opportunity, defining interactive tactics within programs/campaigns, and creating campaign plans.
Proposal development and business planning:
- Develop marketing proposals, pitches for converting prospects into clients
- Develop business cases/ feasibility studies in order to get funding/ support from third parties for corporate projects. Spin off strategic business units, through careful consideration of the business case (in conjunction with the Strategic and Business Development Department)
- Business to business communication and direct marketing
- cold calls/ marketing rounds
- network meetings
Strategy and Project Management
- Account planning and communication development
- Client relationship management
- Budgeting and financial planning for projects and campaign
Skills and Specification:
- A very good first degree
- Second degree and marketing qualifications an advantage (APCON, CIM)
- At least 7 years work experience in a corporate environment, with at least 5 years specifically in advertising and communications
- Proven track record of managing large accounts successfully
- Must be able to develop advertising and communication solutions to a variety of client briefs
- Must have excellent reporting standards and ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data Proven ability to develop convincing presentations and business plans
- Ability to direct and manage a small team
Skills (Social / Business)
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial flair
- Very good understanding of the social media universe and comfortable with communication tools online
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills Interpersonal relations and people management
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.