New Careers at VDT Communications Limited
Posted on: 4 June, 2015
Deadline: 18 June, 2015
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at VDT Communications Ltd
VDT Communications Limited is a member company of the BITCOM GROUP, with vast years of experience in the provision of data communication services to corporate organizations with many branches across Nigeria.
We provide excellent technical and customer focused support for all projects we are engaged in.
- Creating, implementing a comprehensive marketing communications program within the industry
- Articulation of organization’s desired image and position throughout the organization external customers
- Coordinating all VDT’s print and electronic materials such as letterhead, logo and brochures, TV ad, Radio ad, out-of –Home Media, digital media and social media etc.
- Facilitating internal and external communications including publications, media relations and brand management
- Producing Press releases
- Facilitating VDT’s events, sponsorship and Exhibition
- Developing VDT’s communication strategy plan, which addresses critical issues in the marketing and communications area
- Providing Advisory service on VDT brand building, media communication, sponsorship
- Developing corporate presentations to promote brand and reinforce the company's reputation as an innovator and strategic leader in the industry.
- Formulate, articulate and execute strategic marketing communications vision that internally and externally promote all VDT Services
- Leading multi-media marketing and communications efforts that target internal and external customers, support business goals and enhance the reputation of VDT
- Coordinate, promote and support special events, conference, and exhibition and trade show activities.
Implementation of Trade Strategy
- Determining Merchandising requirement and ensuring availability through each channel-Trade, shops, Dealers, Street corner, Point of Sales etc.
- Be the custodian of delivering the trade strategy in the zones; delivering picture of success.
- Providing Brand Visibility in Trade
- Responsible for Trade visibility measurement and Tracking across.
- Working with Brand Manager to drive visibility during Events & Sponsorship
- Working with Brand Manager to create and drive brand visibility through promotional activations in the regions.
- Activations and Trade Compliance
- Work with sales team to achieve Coverage marketing and BTS site activations
- Ensuring shops are compliant to the Shop guide lines at each point
- Digital Marketing/Business visibility to customers
- Increasing VDT awareness, visibility and credibility
- Working with the IT team to manage and optimize the corporate website to continuously refresh content, grow quality traffic, collaboration and qualified leads
- Working with the GM Sales & Marketing to develop a sound communication and content marketing strategy to deliver messages through blogs, traditional media, social media, webinars, and publications
- Executing strategy on weekly and monthly basis, including writing brand compliant and on-message blog posts and press releases.
- Coordinating the building and execution of integrated digital campaigns that touch multiple online platforms and be active in development of VDT Communication followers in social media, to help attract highly qualified customer leads and reach and engage target audiences digitally.
- Editing and/or write copy for publications, advertisements, audio/visual presentations, speeches and other communication programs.
- Coordinate research, writing, design and production of any publication materials.
- Serving as the liaison and provide direct marketing and communications support and counsel for VDT programs.
- Coordinating, promote and support special events, conference, exhibition and trade show activities
- Weekly Report of achievements
- Planning and Budgeting
- Achieving marketing/communication goals and financial objectives
- Managing marketing campaign budget
- Developing, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to smooth operation of the marketing and communications function
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- HND/BA/BSc: Graphic Arts , Mass Communication, Communication Arts, Liberal Studies and Marketing and Business Administration
- Admin. APCON/NIPR/NIM/ + or any other relevant certification
- Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar environment. Appreciable skills in Marketing Communications and Advertising, Graphic Arts, Customer Survey
- Attitude and Behavioral Traits
- Strong communicator
- Excellent written, presentation, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to efficiently manage cost
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision
- Ability to deliver on responsibilities in a timely manner
go to method of application »
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- An integral member of the sales and marketing department, he/she will report directly to the Business Development Manager. She/he is tasked with the specific function of helping the sales team do their job more effectively. She/he handles e-mails/letters and makes quotations on behalf of sales team who are away from the office, liaising with the clients, as appropriate.
- She/he creates and maintains customers’ record, updates clients list on a monthly basis, ensures timely, accurate and constant log of the automation system, such as customer complaint documents, service requirement database, Sales force automation, etc.
- She/he is to act as dependable backup for the sales team, so that there is no documentation gap, while drastically reducing the documentation work on the sales team’s table, freeing them for marketing purposes.
- Assist and support sales team in achieving their sales & records target.
- Assist sales team in delighting and satisfying clients
- Keep and update clients log
- Keep and update automation records
- Generate sales order
- Check on status of clients orders/purchases, prices and discounts
- Coordinate with other departments, such as accounts, operations, service management, etc on SMK related matters.
- Assist and support sales team in managing client’s requirements and complaints.
- Provide assistance to sales team in capturing and updating client’s data on the CRM.
- Ensure accuracy of clients’ information.
- Gives weekly reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate in Windows applications.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Sound complaint/problem resolution skills and ability.
- Analytical, good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize workload
- Innovative skills
- Conversational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in achieving a common goal
- Able to work without supervision, under pressure and always achieve results
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to make use of CRM
- Ability to pay attention to details, maintaining little or zero records errors
- Aligns with Company Values.
- Well-developed ICT knowledge and skills.
- A BSc business management; BA- humanities or related discipline
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in Telecoms or FMCG
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should visit the online recruitment section of www.vdtcomms.com to apply within 2 weeks of this vacancy.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about VDT Communications LtdSimilar Jobs
- Content Writers at Iconway Media Limited
- Graphic Designer at Monkey Media Limited
- Sales Manager at the Mobi Hunter
- Account Manager - Sales / Mobile Audio Advertising at AdVoice Nigeria
- Nigerian NewsDirect Newspaper Fresh Job Recruitment
- Language Internship - Editor Igbo Dictionary at bab.la
- General Manager at TMKG Consulting
- Office Assistant/Admin at MediaVision Limited