If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Red Media Africa is Africa’s leading omni-media company with a focus on youth. It holds a network of premium media companies built across media tools and platforms.
Our Communication Division holds Red Communication, Red Marketing, Small & Medium, StateCraft and #OnTheScene; and our Content Division holds the Y! brands, including Y! TV, Y! Radio, Y! Magazine, YNaija.com, Teen Y!, Y! 2015, the Y! Tech 100 and the Y! Annual Black Ball/Y! 100 Most Influential List.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Brief: Will be working in a dynamic and fast growing media company populated by under-35s who are highly talented and passionate. The company is 70-man strong and growing and is broken down into 3 distinct businesses dealing with all aspects of media - TV, radio, print online, advertising etc at same time.
- The Senior Manager, People with primary focus on Talent, he or she will ensure successful track record of building an organizational culture of consistently using data to improve training programs, performance and hiring, and experience in leading, conducting and reporting on training and performance activities.
- Manage every aspect of the group and ensure that goals are met and objectives are realized across board with primary focus on talent
- Optimize the operations, administration and people of the company and enable profit maximization.
- Understand link between learning and talent, competency and performance management, and demonstrate ability to make connections between learning activities and competency gaps.
- Confer with managers, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations where training is identified as a possible solution.
- Assist departments in establishing training solutions, when a training need is identified.
- Collect, monitor and evaluate program data to determine ROI, effectiveness, relevance and quality of materials and content.
- Ensure that both long-term, strategic and short-term, tactical learning needs are met.
- Demonstrates expertise in developing and implementing multiple training evaluation processes.
- Coach and/or counsel employees in developing career/personal development plans.
- Work with various vendors/business partners to select, develop and deliver courseware content.
- Relieve the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of administrative decision making as well as day to day management so CEO can focus on Innovation, Strategy and Growth.
- Others responsibility as assigned by management.
Top 3 Requirements
- Highly experienced and able to bring structure, process, and highly developed systems into a creative and largely unstructured environment. Preferably someone with experience in such environments already.
- Have flair! You actively promote creativity, innovation, flexibility and rapid growth across all sections of the business.
- The capacity to grow and nurture superstars ensuring discipline while at the same time maintaining our culture of joy.
- A person with a depth of understanding on how to manage and optimize talent and people, and grow them rapidly and sustainably.
Pension Scheme I Mandatory annual leave I Annual retreats I Employee bonus programme I Flexible hours for mothers I Health insurance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV's and a 250-word piece on 'Why we should hire you' to: firstname.lastname@example.org