OLX, the world’s leading online classifieds company, is looking for a talented User Acquisition Manager to drive relevant customer outreach activities in Nigeria, specifically in the Vehicles category reporting directly to the OLX Country Manager. Daily responsibilities will include leading all aspects of customer relationship management including customer outreach, sales, support and partnerships. The role will focus specifically on auto dealers and high volume sellers in the vehicles category. The individual will be responsible for driving execution excellence to reach performance goals while managing both internal and external business stakeholders.
The position will provide the opportunity to be a significant driver for our fast growing business in an international, entrepreneurial environment. OLX is looking for an individual with a strong grasp of customer management principles, deep knowledge of the local auto industry and a strong focus on delivering an excellent relationship management experience to our users.
The role involves working across cultures and countries, providing strategic leadership in all aspects of account management in the auto vertical. The individual will be responsible for the development, execution and monitoring of the key initiatives across all customer touch-points, including but not limited to emails, phone calls and in-person visits. The individual will also work collaboratively with other functions including Marketing, Product and Business Development to drive growth across the market.
- Day-to-day management of the existing OLX customer outreach team with regular performance reviews for the team.
- Develop and execute on a robust user acquisition and sales strategy to grow OLX’s leadership in the autos vertical.
- Analyzing and interpreting business performance data to identify issues and develop proactive solutions to achieve set objectives.
- Implementing standardized and consistent global best practice of sales excellence across all processes while applying continuous improvement principles.
Customer Outreach - Support the existing team in driving customer acquisition activities, including but not limited to:
- Define a strategy to actively recruit new auto clients and retain existing users.
- Execute on user acquisition campaigns.
- Pro-actively lead user education initiatives for car dealers to attract non-users and lead innovation efforts in new user acquisition channels.
- Work collaboratively with other functional teams, including marketing and customer support, to drive overall business objectives.
- Consistently obtain and act on customer feedback geared towards improving general service levels.
Sales and Support – Support the existing team in building a world-class sales process, including but not limited to:
- Design an appropriate sales approach to effectively influence car sellers.
- Implement a comprehensive data tracking /CRM system to track performance
- Measure impact of activities and adjust the strategy appropriately.
- Provide hands-on support to guide our auto users through the OLX process.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with relevant organizations aimed at preventing fraudulent activities that may be directed to users of the site.
Partnerships – Support the existing team in developing collaborative partnerships with relevant organizations including but not limited to:
- Provide thought leadership around creative partnership opportunities to achieve set goals.
Desired Competencies and Skills
- Experience driving sales for business customers.
- Expertise and deep knowledge of the auto industry and vehicles market in Nigeria.
- A high level of charisma, consensus building and maturity when directing a team
- Articulate, clear thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience developing sales collateral and operation processes.
- Data driven mind set with proven project management skills.
- Fast learner in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong hands-on attitude that enjoys creating and implementing new business solutions
- Data driven and analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Work experience in high-performance environments with a proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievements in an international field.
- Passionate about online and has deep interest in developing businesses.
- Humble, flexible personality with knowledge of the local Nigerian market.
- Verbal and written communication skills in French is a plus.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Business, Economics, Management, Engineering or related field
- MBA or any other relevant Master’s degree would be preferable
- 5+ years experience in leading sales roles.
- 3+ years experience in the auto industry is a plus.
- Experience in the internet industry would be preferable.
- Experience in using data analysis applications like Excel and Process design tools.
Personal characteristics and values
- Be Fast: eager and motivated to meet deadlines, and have the ability to work under pressure
- Be Empowered: self-motivated and able to work independently with little management supervision
- Be Open: have a non-hierarchical style and be prepared to "roll up their sleeves" and make things happen
- Be innovative: by building on each other; be a team player with self-esteem yet a manageable ego
- Be Curious: continue to learn and seek for the best solutions
What we will offer:
- Being part of one of the most exciting journeys in the field of ecommerce - Online Classifieds
- Being part of the biggest Online Classifieds business in Sub-Saharan Africa with a view to consolidating our position in the coming years to one of the biggest Online Classifieds businesses in the world
- A pleasant, informal and international work environment
- Being part of a highly dynamic team