Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
Oracle Advanced Customer Support Services is a global organization within Customer Support Services, providing tailored mission-critical support services to customers with complex IT requirements. We provide customized, proactive solutions for all Oracle applications and technologies: Sun Servers and Storage, Database, Middleware and Applications.
• Reports to Advanced Customer Services (ACS) Delivery management
• Works as part of the Oracle ACS Delivery team
• May be asked to work during nights or weekends on the shift basis to cover 24x7 service coverage
• Provide technical guidance and assistance either as required or as part of longer term engagements with key customers
• Monitoring customer's critical systems for incidents, identify operations issues and problems, supporting in problem resolution
• Provide reactive onsite and/or remote technical assistance in close cooperation with Oracle Global Support and Product Development for problem analysis and investigation.
• Provide alternative temporary workarounds to technical problems in customer’s Oracle systems
• Provide proactive technical advices to avoid possible future issues. Work with customers and other Oracle professionals to ensure proper design and implementation of relevant solutions.
• Document work delivered to customers
• Plan and document Oracle service activities in the assigned accounts, drive their execution and communicate their status to senior customer and Oracle management
• University degree
• Technical knowledge: Oracle Weblogic Administration, Oracle FMW Platform, BPEL, J2EE, Advanced performance tuning and optimization techniques, Strong UNIX skills.
Strong Programming Skills
• Minimum of 8 years in Application Servers (J2EE) with supporting/managing production and non-production environments
• Advising on design of high availability solutions
• Optimizing Oracle software environment for optimum configuration, its performance and availability, achieving cost efficiency
• Experience with complex incident diagnostics and resolutions in multivendor and multi-technology environments
• Leading one or more IT change management project(s) where Oracle technology was involved
• Communicating with and presenting to senior IT management on various aspects of running IT systems/projects
• Fluent English
• Adapting to change
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Planning & Organizing
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will interface with the customer*s IT staff on a regular basis. Either at the client*s site or from a remote location, you will be responsible for resolution of moderately complex technical problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use and repair/workarounds for Oracle products. You should be highly experienced in some Oracle products and several platforms that are being supported. You will be expected to work with only general guidance from management while advising management on progress/status.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction is essential. A Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred with five years related experience. Experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools is important.
We are currently recruiting for a Specialist Engineered Systems Sales Professional. Amongst the requirements is:
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Overlay sales personnel providing specialist product expertise to the sales force.
Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions. Provides specific industry or product expertise to facilitate the closing of deals within sales representatives territory. Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market. Manages solution opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for all qualified opportunities. Leads teams in the sales process for establishing market visibility and deal visibility. Presents/demonstrates solution to high level clients and industry conference attendees. May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions. Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience preferred. Subject matter expertise in industry/product space. Knowledge of key industry leaders and management. Knowledge of Oracle competition. Presentation and product demonstration experience. Previous consultative selling experience preferred. Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers. Travel may be needed. BA/BS degree in related field.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.