If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Remuneration: Very Attractive compensation
Job Type: Full Time Employment
Reports to: General Manager
- Identify problems in operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner.
- Respond to customer enquiries daily and assist customer with making trace request.
- Allocate routes to carriers based on vehicles category and ensure proper running & maintenance of vehicles
- Ensure timely and safe delivery of consignment to the right destinations
- Prepare monthly and yearly transporters’ performance report
- Ensure transporters’ master file is constantly updated
- Ensure a standard freight rate model is in place and is adhered to
- Liaise with Safety Manager for quarterly safety briefing to transporters and drivers
- Liaise with government vehicle inspection officer (VIO) to update road worthiness standards
- Prepare daily, weekly and periodic reports
- Keep up to date knowledge of company ops/services.
- Monitor and ensure all operations are completely and properly documented.
- Ensure complete/accurate rendering of cash proceeds.
- Coordinate pickup and delivery operation and ensure proper maintenance of company equipment.
- Ensure compliance with company standard operating procedures and relevant government agencies.
- Manage the general activities in the department for optimum output and profitability.
- Coordinate and ensure a conducive environment for all operations and staff to work through a personal cordial relationship with relevant agencies to our operations.
- Lead and motivate workforce towards achieving defined goals and objectives
Job Grade Level
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Excellent decision making, problem solving and conflict management skills
• Must be a team player, with superior training, development and delegation skills
• Must also be able to work well with employees at all levels and promote idea sharing and an open door policy.
• Effective analyst and problem solver.
• Excellent Financial management skills
• An excellent understanding of the industry
- A Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in relevant field
- A Master degree or relevant management courses
- Minimum, 5 years experience in haulage/logistics
- Minimum, 5 years experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision and evaluation.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here