Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Remuneration: Very Attractive compensation
Job Type: Full Time Employment
Reports to: General Manager
- Identify problems in operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner.
- Respond to customer enquiries daily and assist customer with making trace request.
- Allocate routes to carriers based on vehicles category and ensure proper running & maintenance of vehicles
- Ensure timely and safe delivery of consignment to the right destinations
- Prepare monthly and yearly transporters’ performance report
- Ensure transporters’ master file is constantly updated
- Ensure a standard freight rate model is in place and is adhered to
- Liaise with Safety Manager for quarterly safety briefing to transporters and drivers
- Liaise with government vehicle inspection officer (VIO) to update road worthiness standards
- Prepare daily, weekly and periodic reports
- Keep up to date knowledge of company ops/services.
- Monitor and ensure all operations are completely and properly documented.
- Ensure complete/accurate rendering of cash proceeds.
- Coordinate pickup and delivery operation and ensure proper maintenance of company equipment.
- Ensure compliance with company standard operating procedures and relevant government agencies.
- Manage the general activities in the department for optimum output and profitability.
- Coordinate and ensure a conducive environment for all operations and staff to work through a personal cordial relationship with relevant agencies to our operations.
- Lead and motivate workforce towards achieving defined goals and objectives
Job Grade Level
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Excellent decision making, problem solving and conflict management skills
• Must be a team player, with superior training, development and delegation skills
• Must also be able to work well with employees at all levels and promote idea sharing and an open door policy.
• Effective analyst and problem solver.
• Excellent Financial management skills
• An excellent understanding of the industry
- A Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in relevant field
- A Master degree or relevant management courses
- Minimum, 5 years experience in haulage/logistics
- Minimum, 5 years experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision and evaluation.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale