Jobs at The Maternal and Child Survival Program - USAID
Posted on: 29 May, 2015
Deadline: 5 June, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at USAID
United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Nigeria) - The Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP) is a global Cooperative Agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) aimed at introduction and supporting high-impact health interventions. This global program focuses on 24 high-priority countries, including Nigeria, with the ultimate goal of ending preventable maternal and child deaths within a generation. MCSP country programs strive to ensure that all women, newborns and children have equitable access to the quality health care services that save lives.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is leading this technical assistance, drawing from more than 25 years of experience in over 40 developing and transitional countries of building the technical capacity of ministries of health and other partners to raise RI coverage sustainably, improve quality, and reduce illness and death due to vaccine-preventable diseases.
We seek the services of experienced and competent candidates to fill the below position:
- Under the supervision of MCSP's Bauchi/Sokoto State Immunization Technical Advisor (SITA), the Bauchi/Sokoto State Immunization Technical Officer (SITO) will represent MCSP's technical support for the implementation of a three and a half-year, State-led, multi-partner initiative to strengthen the RI system and significantly and sustainably increase immunization coverage in Bauchi State, MCSP is currently recruiting for three SITO positions in Bauchi and one in Sokoto States.
Roles and Responsibilities
In close collaboration with State and other RI partners in Sokoto and under the supervision of the Sokoto SITA, the Key Responsibilities of the Sokoto SITO will include:
- Working closely with the SPHCDA and other State RI partners to ensure the timely, effective implementation of MCSP's technical assistance and facilitate improved partner coordination
- Actively participating (and represent MCSP) in RI-related meetings and activities convened by/through the State Task Force on Immunization (STFI) arid Emergency Operations Center (EOC) as appropriate, and effectively as an extension of the team of State staff supporting RI strengthening
- Representing MCSP to the SSPHCDA, EOC, STFI, and/or other coordinating bodies through active participation in state-level meetings, technical advisory groups, working groups, and other coordinating forums
- Championing and actively contributing to ongoing cross-learning efforts, in close collaboration with MCSP's technical team, the State, USAID, and other partners at all operational levels, and across states as appropriate
- Contributing to the adaptation and/or dissemination of national guidelines and policies at the State level, as appropriate Supporting RI-related advocacy initiatives, as appropriate
- Contributing to the development, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of State and program indicators, with an emphasis on ensuring and promoting data quality and timeliness of reporting
- Supporting Sokoto-specific contributions to MCSP technical progress reports and workplans for USAID submission, and to other technical documents as required
- Participating in routine MCSP team, technical, and other meetings as appropriate; documenting meetings and sharing proceedings/minutes with other MCSP colleagues; promoting the transparent, timely, and consistent flow of information and communications both internally and externally.
- Health professional with Bachelor's (minimum) or Higher Degree in Public Health or related field
- At least five (5) years field work experience in Public (including government) or private organizations supporting the implementation of Public Health (including routine immunization) programs
- Proven technical capacity in supporting the implementation and supervision of RI services in Nigeria, including support to LGAs and health facilities. Related experience at the state level is highly desirable. Bauchi-specific experience and knowledge strongly preferred
- Knowledge of national- and state-level policies, strategies, programming landscape, and evidence relevant to RI and related health areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability and poise in partnering and communicating with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Dynamic and energetic team player able to both represent one's team in high-level settings and "roll up one's sleeves" to provide broad-ranging support to tasks great and small as needed (from technical to operational/administrative)
- Creative thinker, motivated to advocate for innovative approaches to strengthen RI, and motivated to encourage collaboration and healthy competition at operational levels
- Demonstrated experience supporting the development and tracking of activity budgets
- Strong computer literacy including in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluent in spoken and written English, and verbal proficiency in at least one local dialect
- Knowledge of statistics and data management applications an asset.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded programs a strong asset.
- Available for potential, occasional travel to Abuja and/or Sokoto if needed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and letter of motivation to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about USAIDSimilar Jobs
- Web Master at Youngstars Foundation
- Job Opportunities at Save the Children
- Relationship Officer- (Credit Marketing) at a Non-Governmental Organisation - Anthony Ayoade Associates
- Job Vacancies at Model Mission of Assistance in Africa | Momi Africa
- Marketing and Customer Experience Manager at DKT International
- Communications and Marketing Manager at Critical Rescue International (CRI)
- Job Openings at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Medical Jobs at The Maimuna & Usman Yahaya Foundation