RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is implementing the USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level. This position is open to experienced local governance professionals and residents of Nigeria only.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Local Government Area (LGA) Coordinator contributes to and assists in the coordination and implementation of all technical aspects of the LEAD local governance capacity building activities. LGA Coordinator will be based in office located in the target LGAs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the day to day LEAD contact with the LGA and civil society organizations (CSOs)
- Serve as crosscutting members of the overall technical team.
- Mobilize local government counterparts, civil society, media, citizens, and the private sector in each target LGA.
- Facilitate and Monitor the implementation of technical assistance and report on progress to the main office.
- Assist in organizing project sponsored events in the LGA.
- Assists project leadership and program management with implementing an integrated approach toward the cross-sectoral coordination needed to achieve the project's objectives.
- Assist in mentoring Local Government staffs and the CSOs on relevant thematic areas
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors' Degree and 6 years or MA Degree plus 3 years' experience
- Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, Development Studies or related fields
- Experience in northern Nigeria preferred
- Fluency in Hausa language an added advantage
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player who works well independently
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their cover letter which summarizes how your relevant skills and experience are a match for the position sought and CV in reverse chronological order to: email@example.com Also include the position applied for in the subject of your email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.