The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Financial Assistant in the Department of Defense Walter Reed Program- Nigeria (DOD-WRPN).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent will perform accounting and financial analysis to support efficient operations meeting USG accounting and procurement practices. S/he will assist in the implementation of the internal controls and general assessment of DOD-WRPN accounting standards. The job holder’s duties include audits of procurement and travel vouchers, working with DOD-WRPN technical staff for specific programmatic activity budget preparation. Additionally, the incumbent will be expected to perform financial administrative duties and will give work guidance to 3-5 contractors of DOD technical staff.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required
- Minimum of 3 years progressive work experience in accounting, auditing or financially oriented business management is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding in the areas of professional accounting, auditing, budget and finance is required.
- Incumbent must possess skill in providing leadership, direction and technical expertise in financial management of public fund.
- An advanced personal computer skill with experience in word processing, spreadsheets and Quick Books is required. Skills will be Tested.
Method of Application
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
OR - Ordinarily Resident - N3,154,846 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor - Not Ordinary Resident AEFM - US$36,353 EFM/MOH - US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under C.O.M Authority does have to be officially assigned to post.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale