The JobMag is recruiting to fill the position of:
Main Purpose of Position
• A communications position in the non-profit/non-governmental sector with responsibility for promoting institutional growth through the development of philanthropic and sponsorship opportunities.
• Provide personal administrative support and assistance to the Executive Director.
• Assist the Executive Director in fundraising and related communications documentation and relationship management;
• Liaise with potential and current donors and sponsors and build effective and long-lasting relationships;
• Participate in public events, meetings and conferences so as to raise organizational profile;
• Liaise with media organisations and partners in building effective and long lasting relationships to positively advance the organizations profile and programme output;
• Conduct research, collect and analyse data to prepare reports and documents;
• Manage and maintain executives' schedules, appointments and travel arrangements;
• Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings;
• Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications;
• Answer and manage incoming calls;
• Receive and interact with incoming visitors;
• Liaise with internal staff at all levels;
• Co-ordinate project-based work where necessary;
• Undertake any other relevant tasks as requested by the Executive Director
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class Lower) in Business Administration, Marketing, Humanities, Law, Social Science or related field.
• At least 3 years experience in related field and proven track record in fundraising or the building of market share or business volume.
• Knowledge of private or corporate philanthropy and sponsorships will be an advantage
• Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
• Social Media Literacy
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities. Capacity to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Interested and qualified candidates should click this link to apply >> http://goo.gl/forms/QnTkzZCaMm
For further Enquiries
254, Herbert Macaulay Way,