WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construc-tion, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
About the job
The NDE Level III will responsible for Quality of all Non-Destructive and Destructive Examination activities on the
package fabricated in Nigeria and will report on daily basis to FPSO QAQC Lead.
The SERVICE holder is directly responsible for:
- Assist and support the QAQC Package Leader in enforcing the Quality Management system NDE procedures of the Package Contractors and Subcontractors
- Review all Contractor and Vendor NDE document for FPSO package
- Monitor all Contractor QC NDE activities related with FPSO package in Nigeria
- Monitor the QC NDE services inspection team. Ensure they are qualified and perform the QC NDE activitiesas per mentioned on the specification.
- Monitor Contractor NDE program related to FPSO package scope of work.
- Attend as an observer at potential Contractors project quality audits relating to NDE
- Apply good knowledge of ASME, NACE, ASTM, API and general specification in discharge of hisduties.
- Prepare weekly and monthly QC NDE activities status report to Quality Leader for submission to
- QA/QC Manager (including NCR and Corrective action monitoring)
- Ensure that the Materials, Welding and Corrosion Lead Engineer and the FPSO Quality Lead as appropriateare kept appraised of key issues, status and outstanding actions related to NDE
- Advise on use of standards and practices
- Liaise, provide support and guidance to all site, fabrication yards, subcontractors and supplier shops toensure that NDE is carried out in accordance Project Codes, Standards, Specifications and Procedures.
- Technical review of sub-contractor submitted NDE procedures.
- Co-ordinate surveillance of site, fabrication yards, subcontractors and vendor shops as required to carry outinspection of completed welds for verification purposes and documenting verification activities.
- Witness (as required) operator "on the SERVICE" testing. .
- Promote safety awareness (Incident Injury Free) and safe performance example at site, fabrication
- Yards, subcontractors and vendor shops participation in IIF.
- Audit, surveillance and review of NDE documentation systems, certification and training records, ensuringthat reports are accurate and fully traceable back to inspected items.
- Support the requirements of verifying Company Quality Assurance Specifications and Procedures in regards to the implementation of a seamless Turnover / completions / commissioning activity regarding NDE Documentation for Fault Free Start-up initiative (FFSI).
SERVICE DESCRIPTION – NDE Level III
- Provide NDE technical support to FPSO and related facilities as required.
- Ensure that the contractor’s NDT personnel are experienced and capable of performing and reporting the necessary examinations.
- Ensure that NDT records are suitably collated for handover to Field OPs.
- Review qualification plans for Contractor/subcontractor inspection of internally clad pipe and other GRE components
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Technical Integrity and HSSE standards
- Assist to ensure effective implementation of HSE system are put in place as appropriate in all work sites
- Protect and enhance TOTAL’s reputation.
- Identify and deliver value opportunities.
- Promote strong HSE performance within the team and contracting organisations.
- Promote and uphold the organisation Code of Conduct.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Nigerian context (Nigerian content, Nigerian Laws, Authorities involvement in the “due process”) shall be taken into account.
- Detailed Engineering for FPSO is done mostly in Nigeria
- Nigerian Content Fabrication: 6 modules, pressure vessel, flare tower and structure appurtenance.
- The Integration of the FPSO and Nigerian content will be performed in Nigeria.
- The SERVICE shall be site based at the FPSO fabrication worksite.
- Monitors the collection of "As built" data for the FPSO packages.
- Technical qualification engineering disciplines relevant to Oil& Gas and Construction engineering activities.
- Professional Experience (number of years): 10-15 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas
- Production Projects.
- Qualified to Level III in any of the following: PCN / AINDT /ASNT and Qualified to Level II in UT,RT, MT. PT
- and Advanced NDE specialist
- Particular emphasis on NDE, including piping, pressure vessels, Topside structure, module and GRE
- Good knowledge of metallurgy, welding engineering, NDT and relevant codes; API, ASTM, ASME, etc.
- Used in FPSO design and construction. Knowledge on specification is an advantage
- Administrative skill including proficiency in typical office application (Words, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Fluent in English and able to communicate at all level within the Company. Good planning capacity,
- presentation , negotiation and organizational skills
- Analytical thinking competency, able to analyze and propose recommendation base on statistical data
- Must be a team player and able to brainstorm and solve problems.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.