Job in a Leading Electromechanical Construction Company via Adexen
Posted on: 27 May, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen HR and Recruitment services is looking to recruit a Contract Administration Manager. the position is based in Lagos, Nigeria, overseeing several projects.
Our client is a leading electromechanical construction company with 2 decades of local presence and international expertise in construction of high quality buildings and the realization of specialized construction mandates in West Africa.
The Contract Administration Manager will Coordinate the administration of the prime contract and subcontracts on a company project according to set policies and procedures. The responsibilities of the Contract Administration Manager include but not limited to the following:
1) Job specific tasks:
- Ensure that the award and administration of contracts on projects is carried out in accordance with the company policies and procedures
- Identify potential subcontractors in coordination with procurement and requests them to submit quotations.
- Manage the contracts database, used to track and analyze contracts
- Liaise with legal department for clarifications and directions
- Monitor the performance of awarded subcontracts, checking and agreeing the accuracy of monthly payment applications during the life of the subcontract and at completion of the work.
- Formulate change orders to existing subcontracts for change in scope and / or pricing.
- Coordinate the review and settlement of any claims as may be raised by subcontractors.
- Coordinate the preparation of change orders to the prime contract between company and client
- Investigate claims by client to establish responsibility based on contract provisions or onsite errors and determine and agree on relevant course of action for claims, advising client as directed by Management
- Develop detailed progress reports comparing work to contractual agreements
2) Managerial tasks:
- Coach, motivate and retain staff, develop individual as well as team capabilities
- Lead the section to pursue goals and targets by month, quarter and year
- Manage and solve any occurring problem with Suppliers/Sub-contractors
- Organize section; work in coordination with Quality Management Department: processes, job descriptions, etc.
- Ensure that section has proper resources to conduct daily activities and achieve objectives
- Participate in recruitment activities for own section if requested by HR department
- Follow up on daily, weekly and monthly reports of all activities
- Provide reports and feedbacks to top management (formally and informally) and confer on key topics
- Evaluate performance, delegate responsibility and authority. Follow up to ensure proper performance
- University degree in Quantity Surveying
- Masters degree preferred
- Strong professional background with no less than 5 years of experience in the field
- Demonstrated ability to show results
- Proven administrative, leadership and management ability in the area of contract administration or quantity surveying
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)& Project
- Must be adept in the use of Internet and E-mail
- Good team player
- Strategy oriented and driven
- Excellent thinking capabilities and analytical skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Very good and communication skills
- Very good at solving complex problems
- Very good leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Field Service Engineers at Culminate Consulting
- Jobs at a Reputable Automobile Company
- IT Staff at World Equipment Protection System Ltd. (WEPSL)
- Director of Operations at Sealing Engineering Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at TRANOS
- Jobs at Excel Creative Network Limited
- Sales Engineers at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Smartflow Technologies Limited