The International Potato Center (known as CIP from its Spanish-language name Centro Internacional de la Papa) is a research facility based in Lima, Peru, that seeks to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweet potato, other root and tuber crops, and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other mountain areas. It was established in 1971 by decree of the Peruvian government.
CIP is one of the 15 specialised research centres of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), an international consortium of agricultural research organizations, having joined in 1972.
Background and Responsibilities
• Monitor project implementation activities; act as a point of contact for the Nigerian program and reporting matters in the absence of the M&E Special and project leader;
• Conduct and manage field trials; regular contacts with DVMs (Decentralized Vine Multipliers);
• Assist in handling all day-to-day monitoring, evaluation and administrative matters;
• Collection and analyses of data from field experiments;
• Assist in the design and implementation of survey;
• Enter monthly recorded data to update database and organize monthly summary of the activities;
• Work closely with key partners in tracking key outcome indicators;
• Offer administrative support to scientists and collaborators on projects, including visitors and students;
• Assist in organizing meetings, taking minutes of meetings and maintaining a database of contacts;
• Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Ideal candidate must:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Join a vibrant team that is committed to facilitating agricultural solutions for hunger, poverty, and natural resource degradation throughout the tropics.IITA is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is given to qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national/ethnic origin or social status.