Fresh Job at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
Posted on: 25 May, 2015
Deadline: 1 June, 2015
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Application Developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the company.
- The role sits within the Market Operations & Technology (MOT) division and under the Technology Services Department specifically.
- The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications (in C# 3.0 and above) that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (additional experience with Oracle is highly desirable).
- The job holder needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- The job holder must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- The job holder must recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012)
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models.
- Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required
People Management and Development:
- The post holder will need to show evidence of the following:
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.), Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years of application and web application development experience (using the .Net Framework 3.0 and above)
- Other fields of study are acceptable when combined with strong background or work experience within the financial sector
- 95% on-time delivery of projects/tasks
- 97% uptime on all supported tier-1 applications
- 100% assurance that all code for deployed applications is written to industry standard employing best practice code patterns at all junctions
- 80% automated test code coverage on all production deployed code
- Suggest and assist in proposals, business cases and designs of services aimed improving process automation firm wide
- Implement 100% of projects in line with SDLC principles
- Ensure full user and technical documentation of all systems in production
- Ensure all code that the application developer is responsible for is delivered with complete and detailed documentation
- Ensure security is built into all organizational processes and development work
- Ensure working and up to date disaster recovery versions exist for all production deployed modules
- Display strong collaborative characteristics and work with wider division and company to reach stated divisional and departmental goals.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title used as subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Job Vacancies at CA Global
- Job Openings at Kantar
- Customer Care Job Vacancy at MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting
- Jobs at Bleuapple Consulting
- Interns at Kiote Services Limited
- Sales Vacancy at Integrated Corporate Services Limited (ICSL)
- Operations Manager at Bleuapple Consulting