Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of its clients to recruit a Head of MEP for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos.
Our client is a civil engineering and construction company whose main focus is the construction of high quality buildings for both residential and industrial use, as well as roads and civil infrastructures.
The successful candidate would be required to manage the MEP department of the construction company and will have, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- coordinate design work done by the designers of the projects handled by the contractor
- Coordinate the production of shop drawings for the execution of the work
- Supervise the work on sites
- Manage a personnel of about 40 expatriates and 500 Nigerians, and approximately 3 to 5 projects simultaneously.
- Have a very good technical knowledge, to be able to pilot value engineering designs
- Demonstrate dedication to safety and quality control on all projects
- Identify and solve complex problems; use a broad perspective and resources outside the project team to develop solutions, ensure consistency with the project objectives.
- Foster an environment of building team morale and build consensus with the project team.
- A degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of related construction and MEP management experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Strong communication and good presentation skills - particularly in dealing with client and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Fluent English
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.