Fresh Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Posted on: 22 May, 2015
Deadline: 28 May, 2015
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products.
The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
- Drive a project for effective Safety Management System (SMS) and / or HSSE Management System implementation by Shell companies in Nigeria maritime contractors in close liaison with pertinent stakeholders.
Requirements Position Qualification/Relevant Experience
- Support all maritime Contract Holders within SEPCiN in implementing and maintaining contractor management processes in line with Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework and associated guidelines. Jointly develop implementation strategies for the “Green banding” framework and methodology.
- Implement processes to ensure that “Green banding” level of maritime contractors is sustainable. Monitor progress and provide feedback to Logistics and HSE Management Team at defined intervals.
- Provide necessary advice and support to contractors with the completion of OCIMF(Oil Companies International Maritime Forum), OVID(Offshore Vessel Inspection Database) OVMSA(Offshore Vessel Management System Self Assessment) and review of same. Develop and monitor (report) on contractor HSE plans on quarterly basis.
- Work with all maritime contractors along with appropriate contract holders to develop HSSE performance improvement plans; conduct monthly review of the effectiveness and provide feedback to Logistics and HSE Management Team; take remedial actions as necessary in close liaison with the contractors and key stakeholders
- Organise and present dedicated Marine HSE meetings and forum with Marine contractors, ensuring that minutes are produced in timely fashion, distributed and documented actions followed up to closure.
- Liaise with Project teams who use marine services with respect to their scheduled monthly HSE meeting in order to share HSE learning.
- Administer the Shell Learning From Incidents(LFI) programme for marine and function as sole focal point for all marine related safety alerts inward and outward. Transfer best practices from STASCO, other businesses units and the industry.
- Assist with and/or lead with marine incident investigation.
- Liaise with Kidney Island, Ogunu and Onne Marine Coordination Centre and other support teams for safe and efficient quayside operations.
- Contribute to the overall achievement of Maritime HSSE performance and “Goal Zero” objectives.
- Remain as the focal point for follow up and close out verification of maritime contractor audits / reviews.
- Conduct vessel visits (ride with the vessel) in accordance with the vessel visit plan and produce written visit reports.
- Provide professional maritime & HSSE advice to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Provision of Maritime emergency response support.
- Develop and sustain internal and external relationships
- Class 1 Deck or Engineer Officer with at least 7 years experience in oil Exploration & Production operation and marine transport operations.
- Experience on oil tankers or gas carriers is an advantage
- Experienced in all aspects of vessel compliance, inspection and maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of the STASCo Ship Quality Standards and OVID, OVMSA data base.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency in development and maintenance of HSSE management systems / HSE Cases, Maritime Process Model, Group HSSE & SP Control Framework Transport Manual Maritime Safety.
- In-depth knowledge of marine safety regulations and guidelines
- Marine crisis and emergency response skills
- Communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Experienced in stakeholder engagement. Set up and provide measurable improvement in contractor HSE oversight.
- Working experience in a multi-disciplinary team/environment will be an added advantage .
go to method of application »
- Provide experienced pilotage, berthing and loading master services to SPDC and SNEPCo for the marine operations of the Bonny and Forcados terminals and SeaEagle and Bonga FPSO.
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective crude oil export operations, including management of line boats and crew boats, SPM operations and crude oil loading operations in compliance with Group and International Standards and Guidelines.
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective terminal and FPSO marine operations, crude storage, loading operations including infield tugboat and crew boat services, mooring operations, cargo documentation, proper planning of inward and outward clearing of tankers.
- Assist with management of all maritime risks of the terminals and FPSOs, including crude storage and handling, ballasting and hull stresses, tank cleaning and hull integrity checks, safe FPSO mooring.
- Ensure safe execution of all in field marine operations within the 500 meter exclusion zone. Maintain SAR(Search and Rescue) and stand-by capabilities.
- Manage weekly and monthly routine maintenance of the SPM(Single Point Mooring Buoy) and monitor SPM integrity.
- Skill to lead, prepare and apply HSSE Risk Management
- Understand, execute and improve Upstream maritime operations and marine assurance processes
- Ability to investigate and learn from Marine HSSE incidents
- Manage maritime emergency response
Position Qualification/Relevant Experience
- First Class Deck Certificate of Competency (Master Mariner) or equivalent.
- Oil Tanker or LNG tanker experience of at least 7 years and experience in tanker management in a senior role. Passed on site pilot training program with excellent result.
- Passed SPM simulator training with excellent results.
- Experienced in working with tugs and SPM maintenance with A-frame. Passed oil spill response training. Qualified and experienced pilot in West African offshore waters and terminals.
- Sound marine professional with good understanding tanker handling.
- Sound knowledge of tanker loading operations, Q+Q measurements and cargo documentation. Experience of establishing port operating procedures and working closely with government authorities.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Engineer Trainee Program at Ocean Deep Drilling ESV Nigeria Limited
- Production Operators at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Database Administrator at an Oil and Gas Company - Aldelia Group
- Senior Production Operator (Local) at Onstream Group
- Senior Production Operator at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Latest Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Area Resource Manager at Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- Latest Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)