Our client, a leading building and civil engineering construction company in Nigeria with presence across the country, is engaged in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multi-nationals as well as high-networth individuals. The company is now seeking to strengthen its senior management team through the appointment of a:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Operations you will be concerned with costing of tenders and quotations for a wide range of projects.
In this capacity, you shall be expected to:
• Develop strategies for the pursuit and procurement of competitive bid projects fitting within the accepted market segments reflected in the company’s marketing plan
• Provide leadership for the estimating department of the organization and ensure proper procedures are in place to allow a smooth bidding process
• Produce and price bills of quantities; project cash flow and estimated overheads and profit
• Maintains in conjunction with all departments, a working sub-list of qualified subcontractors who adhere to the company’s standards
• Work with Operations to effectively reduce cost phase codes to implement simpler cost accounting from the field
• Degree-qualified in Quantity Surveying, with a minimum of 15 years’ post-qualification experience in the construction industry. Professional membership of Local/Foreign registered Quantity Surveying bodies will be an advantage
• Proficiency in developing estimates from first principles and identifying all budgeted costs to be expended on projects
• Strong strategic planning and implementation skills; excellent leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in relevant computer software programs used in estimating as well as MS Office products i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Demonstrable proven track record in developing and leading teams to achieve outstanding results for clients
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.