If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The M&E Assistant will be directly under the supervision of the M&E Technical Adviser. He/ She will be responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities of the Humanitarian multi-sectoral Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) program at community (LGA) level. The incumbent will assist in tracking progress of key indicators and provide timely report to the M&E Technical Advisor.
The M&E Assistant provides support to the FSL DPM & WASH DPM in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation at LGA level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the M&E Advisor.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data at LGA level through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring.
- Support in collating and analyzing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities
- Work with program teams to ensure that information relating to ACF and program activities is shared widely within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks
- Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the communities
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in Economics, Rural Development, Business, Administration, statistics, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- 1 year M&E related work experience
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values and principles
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English
- Previous M&E experience
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after SUNDAY, 24TH MAY, 2015 will not be considered.