Avon HMO, a Nigerian-based health maintenance organisation, launched in 2013 with a mission to "empower people to live healthier fuller lives". We offer a comprehensive suite of health insurance products, personal risk management, occupational health management, employee well-being services and medical care to corporations, small businesses, families, and individuals.
Avon HMO is a subsidiary of Heirs Holdings, a pan-African investment company founded by world-renowned entrepreneur and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu.
We are recruiting to fill the position
Job Title: Indirect Sales Manager
- AVON HMO has an exciting opportunity for an experienced qualified candidate to join the SME/Retail team. The Indirect Sales Manager will be responsible for acquiring new clients - including small business, families, and individuals - through indirect sales channels including partnerships and affiliates. Travel throughout Nigeria required.
- Achieve revenue target through indirect selling of Avon HMO products and services through a variety of sales activities (e.g., networking, prospecting cluster sales, seeking referrals, working marketing leads, and the development and management of sales channels).
- Develop strategic partnerships and initiatives to grow Avon HMO's business in the assigned market
- Identify, establish and maintain excellent working relationships with identified partners (trade channels and others); optimising the relationships and providing them with the highest standard of customer service throughout the sales cycle in order to generate even more business.
- Educate prospective clients on the importance and benefits of health insurance and advise on the selection of plans that best suit their needs through in-person meetings and
- Achieve other targets as per budget including average premium, number of partnerships, number of enrollees, and other key sales efficiency and productivity metrics as stipulated by the CEO
- Maintain a database of prospective accounts with accurate and relevant information about enrollees
- Prepare and present weekly, monthly and quarterly activity and performance reports, as well as sales forecasts and pipeline analysis
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks
- Other related duties as directed by the CEO
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, obtained in any discipline from a credible University,
- Minimum 5 years' experience in sales, marketing and/or the insurance
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Selling Skills - Qualified candidates should know basic selling techniques and the art of convincing and persuading; S/he should be able to complete the entire sales cycle - including needs assessment, proposing suitable offerings, objection handling, negotiating, closing the deal and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Results Oriented - Qualified candidates should be committed to stellar performance and S/he should be able to work towards achieving specific targets and should be able to prioritise, organise and accomplish tasks independently in order to do so.
- S/he must also be able to take initiative, recognise opportunities and be self-motivated to make it happen.
- Interpersonal Skills - Qualified candidates must be able to connect and engage well with a diverse range of Personal presentation, the ability to be pleasant and excellent social skills play a crucial role in the selection of candidates.
- Communication Skills - Qualified candidates must possess the ability to explain complex information clearly and Candidates must be fluent in English and have a firm command of both the spoken and written language. Fluency in local languages - including but not limited to Yoruba, Igbo, and Hausa - are an added benefit.
- Computer Literacy and Technology Savvy - Qualified candidates must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) for the preparation of compelling reports and
- Trainability - Qualified candidates must have the capacity to become well versed with product knowledge and industry trends in order to be successful with consultative.
- A strong curiosity for knowledge and capacity for learning is a must.
- Competitive salary
- Travel support
- Telecommunication allowance
- Health insurance
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
Benefits of working at Avon HMO
- Career progression
- Training seminars and resources
- Young, vibrant work environment
- Catered lunch daily
- Company-wide birthday celebration in honor of you on your birthday
- Regularly scheduled company-wide TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) activities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Indirect Sales Manager Job Applicant"
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.