FJAJobs Associates Limited is recruiting interested and suitably qualified candidates into the following vacant position:
This role organizes and assists with the fiscal reporting processes and accounting programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
• Prepare monthly management reports.
• Manage 3rd party vendor relationships and ensure adherence to contractual obligations.
• Manage relationships with tax advisors and regulatory bodies.
• Assist with the preparation of audit schedules for annual financial audit.
• Assists with the preparation of audit financials.
• Research accounting and regulatory guidance to ensure the accuracy of financial statements and disclosure requirements.
• Research general ledger discrepancies and provides explanation for variances to budget.
• Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the Business Manager and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
• Oversee the work of assigned staff.
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
• Accounting degree from an accredited college or university
• Three to four years experience; Big 4/regional audit practice a plus
• Understanding and experience with Nigerian taxes (PAYE & WHT)
• ACCA/ICAN/CPA part qualified/qualified preferred.
• Experience with IFRS/GAAP; experience with IFRS conversion a plus.
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills and the ability to motivate people.
• Ability to work effectively and independently while managing concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities.
• Interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and other stakeholders.
• Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Must be methodical and organized in approach to work
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word at a minimum
• Must be able to function as a team player
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with CV to email@example.com