Citi has been doing business in Nigeria since 1984. The bank formerly operated under the name Nigeria International Bank Limited, but was renamed to Citibank Nigeria Limited (Citi Nigeria) in 2008 to fully align with Citi's global brand and identity.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1700 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi’s respective regulators in Nigeria and globally.
This role will participate in audits of the Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) business, including branch audits and risk-based audits, and audits covering other businesses within Citibank Nigeria which includes FX Local Markets, Custody and Trustee, and Corporate and Investment banking. From time to time it may also be required to participate in audits in other jurisdictions.
• As a professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
• Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
• Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
• Performs audits in accordance with Citi Internal Audit methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
• Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
• Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
• Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
• Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
• Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
• At least 5 years of bank or audit experience in cash management and tradeTTS business and/ or related control functions.
• Have a goodn excellent knowledge of cash management and tradeTTS pProducts and processes. In-depth understanding of the relationship between product TTS and support units within a financial institution, impact on the overall control environment and audit approach.
• Experience and competence in technology auditing will be an advantage.
• Good English language skills (both written and spoken
• Business travel will be required.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.