SGS S.A. is a multinational company headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland which provides inspection, verification, testing and certification services. It has more than 80,000 employees and operates over 1,650 offices and laboratories worldwide.
Rotational (offshore and onshore) basis: 6 weeks on/4 weeks off
Based in Nigeria
Excellent package depending on experience.
Main Purpose of Role
- Supervise the operational activities within the Angola onshore valve workshop(s), site based operation(s) and offshore remote containerised workshop(s) to ensure customers deadlines are achieved.
- Supervise valve activities so as to assist the Operations Manager in ensuring that requried levels of profit are achieved by the valve department
- Support the Technical Engineer to provide technical assistance and guidance to valve department staff and facilitate the development and enhancement of their skills and expertise to provide a high quality service that supports customer business needs
- Perform valve overhaul and certification duties so as to deliver to our customers a complete and quality product
- Coordinate the delivered services of Valve Engineers within the Luanda Valve department so as to ensure client overall goals, KPI’s and contract requirements are met.
- As per the Nigeria Quality Manual the “Angola Valve Supervisor” is responsible to the Technical Manager for any decisions relating to technical matters, and Operational Manager with respect to all non-technical matters.
- Allocate and monitor resources so that customers’ needs are met in a safe, accurate and timely manor.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements of your department and employees are met in accordance local and client H&S regulations.
- Provide a valve certification, repair and overhaul service to customers to support their compliance or decision making and maximise return and efficiency.
- Ensure that valve engineers have the necessary skills, qualifications, knowledge and organisational awareness to enable them to carry out their responsibilities effectively
- Maximise employee potential by effective training, mentoring, monitoring, improving and recognising their performance; and developing their capabilities to achieve SGS’ and individual goals.
- At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues, clients and general public in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and at all times adopt behaviour in accordance with SGS UK’s Equality & Diversity policy.
- Ensure compliance with the SGS Luanda Industrial Quyality Manual ref: QM-SGS-002
- To act as key point of contact for client with regards to the held SGS/client valve menagement contract and cascade all requriemetns to subordinates as requried.
- Work as requried both on-shore at SGS owned facilities, Offshore at client owned facilities including fixed offshore assets (Rigs) and FPSO’s
- To identify required resources, opportunities for improvement and potential revenue streams to the Operations Manager and Technical manager as appropriate
- To Delegate for the Technical Manager / Operations Manager as requried.
Current Challenges & Opportunities
- To be a key part of the continued development of Angolan valve services and assits the operational and Technical managers to increase the size of the local valve business
- Assist with the implementation of SGS Prime and SGS Report software packages to allow for paper and we based reporting to SGS Luanda customers.
- To assist with the implementation of a Valve Department QHSE structure in Nigeria
Skills & Knowledge & Experience
The Valve Supervisor shall meet the following requirements as
Education: ONC (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
Training: Training needs will be established during induction and will depend on education, knowledge and experience. On an ongoing basis additional requirements will be identified as necessary to meet the accredited scope of activities.
Technical knowledge: Suitable to make professional judgements on the range of Valve related problems likely to arise from the scope of activities.
Experience: 5 Years Relevant experience, Two Years specific valve related experience
Education: HNC or HND in a relevant engineering discipline.
Training: IOSH, NEBOSH and other safety related qualifications and training to be held. A proven training record including C.P.D. in the disciplines of valve maintenance and general mechanical engineering. A member of a professional organisation which has accredited both training , CPD and Knowledge
Technical knowledge: Able to make professional judgements on the range of
Valve related problems likely to arise from the scope of activities.
Experience: Over 5 Years Specific experience within the valve industry
- To assist the operations manager to achieve zero Health, Safety or Enviromental incidents
- To ensure that the Luanda Valve deaprtment achieves LC as requried and advised by the operations manager
- To ensure that zero valid customer complaints are received
- To ensure effective manning and working upon both Offshore and Onshore at all times.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates shoud click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.