Jhpiego, an international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University, seeks Human Resources Manager to provide leadership management of the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs for the Nigeria Country Office. This includes orienting new staff, developing, implementing and managing HR processes and procedures in accordance with Home Office policy and standards. HR Manager will also manage staff recruitment and performance evaluation process. The position reports directly to the Country Director with functional reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer in Jhpiego Baltimore.
Job Specific Knowledge:
Applicants require experience in working in a structural engineering team within a large multi discipline project team.
The role mandates previous experience in minimum facility platform design and including the substructure, topsides and bridges.
A comprehensive understanding of structural analysis using SACS for substructure and topsides in-place strength, seismic & fatigue, load-out, transportation, flotation, upending, on bottom stability and lifting analyses as a minimum is required.
Expert knowledge of Analysis, simulation, programming and design calculations, Application of knowledge to add value, Understanding and implementation of engineering and design process, equipment skid design, specification and procurement activities, Designs for constructability, commissioning, operations and maintenance
Ability to develop engineering sketches with hand calculations & details for drafting and to carry out engineering checks of drawings. Work shall include MTOs, preparation of specifications and engineering requisitions. Good knowledge of material grades and specifications in reviewing material test reports and other documents from vendors
Industry Specific Experience:
6 to 8 years experience, of which the last 4 years has performed detail structural design of substructures and topsides using SACS for the offshore oil and gas industry.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
A Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Structural)
Commitment to safe working practices and ability to promote safety consciousness within the department
Proficiency in the use of general computer softwares.
Requires communication skills to be able to successfully work in a team environment and communicate effectively with other disciplines
go to method of application »
General HR Responsibilities:
- Analyze the country's HR needs and establish specific HR objectives for country office to ensure that HR policy/procedures and standards are met
- Ensure country level management team members are well versed on country-related HR policies and that policies are implemented consistently
- Advice Deputy Country Director on all HR related issues
- Review salary and benefits policies for local nationals to ensure that organization is able to attract and retain highly skilled staff
- Coordinate annual merit review process
- Review and update local employment policies as per local laws and best practices in the international NGO community liaise with Global Human Resources and Chief Administrative Officer as required
- Compensation and Benefits Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to Deputy Country Director on all local compensation related issues
- Review salary scales and bench mark to the market on a regular bass.
- Manage the design, implementation and administration of innovative compensation programs and policies
- Conduct job evaluations on new and existing positions, including reviewing job descriptions and recommending appropriate grade assignments
- Support Deputy Country Director by answering compensation related questions
- Evaluate jobs for internal equity and external competitiveness against salary survey data
- Develop detailed knowledge of Jhpiego expatriate comp and benefits policies and practice; administered by Baltimore, HQ
- Administer all employee benefits and answer queries from staff regarding benefits
- Review Jhpiego, Nigeria benefits packages from time to time to ensure compliance with local laws and competitiveness with other international NGOs
Staff Recruitment Responsibilities
- Partner with hiring managers and Deputy Country Director to evaluate needs and determine specific position responsibilities and requirements to ensure accurate candidate sourcing
- Draft job descriptions and advertise via appropriate channels in Nigeria
- Evaluate and benchmark new jobs to place them appropriately in the organization'ssalary scale
- Pre screen candidates and administer appropriate tests and coordinate next level of interviews
- Counsel hiring managers on staffing and recruitment related matters, including legal considerations and coaching on interview techniques
- Organize, lead and document post- interview debrief/feedback with interview teams and candidates
- Perform detailed reference checking and/or reference analyses on selected candidates and review results with hiring managers
- Ensure recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies
New Hire Orientation and Employee Relations Responsibilities
- Coordinate on-boarding with other departments to support the learning process of new employees
- Conduct follow-ups wifh new staff to ensure adaptation and identify problem areas
- Work closely with Supervisors to address issues affecting new staff
- Develop and maintain a healthy employee relations environment providing staff a venue to discuss their work related problems and concern.
- Advise and assist staff with disciplinary and grievance issues
- Mediate in staff conflict situations
Employee Records Maintenance
- Ensure that employee files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a
- confidential and secure manner.
- Ensurethat HQreceives new employee documentation in a timely fashion.
- Maintain recruitment and attrition statistics for staff
Qualifications and Requirements:
- This position is open to Nigerian citizens only
- BA in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field with 5+ years managing human
- resources functions for mid-sized organization preferably with an international organization
- In depth knowledge of Nigerian employment practices
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent self starter with strong service orientation
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Strong presentation and communications skills, oral and written
- Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of US AID policies and procedure
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV to email@example.com not later than 10 days from the date of this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an oral interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.