If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Continental Alarm Limited provides electronic surveillance and alarm services to the Nigerian market. As a reseller of RSI Videofied (winner of New Security Product Award 2009 among other awards) Continental Alarm Limited (CAL) is at the forefront of Nigeria’s use of telemetry to fight vandalism and crime.
The company began operations in 2011 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC) to carry on business as provider, distributor, and supplier of security, heat, fire, pressure and smoke detector alarms, advanced warning systems, maintain and provide round the clock surveillance camera via video recording and retrieval systems to organizations and homes, provide online viewing services for mounted security cameras, off-site video recording services, and facilitate emergency response.
We have our systems deployed indoors and outdoors, in remote and urban areas using either our wired and/or wireless solutions across different sectors.
We are seeking to recruit young eligible graduates to fill in the position of "accountant":
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely daily, monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the MD in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of transactions.
- Ensure, monthly, quarterly and annual returns to tax and other regulatory bodies
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other departmental managers to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Work with the MD to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in developing and implementing of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and firm.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- HND/ BSc in Accounting (minimum)
- ACA/ AAT would be nice to have
- 2-4 years post-NYSC work experience
- Managerial experience - most have managed at least 3 people for minimum of 1 year
- Audit experience - minimum of 2 years
- FIRS, LIRS Experience
- FIRS knowledge will be nice
- IT literate - proficient with accounting software - SAGE/ Peachtree/ Quickbook/ Dynamo, etc
- Proficient at data analysis - should be able to support CEO with data interpretation
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.