Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business services in Europe and Africa.
We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain.
We know how important people are to business. We also think that "People are the future of Africa"
Our client is Nigeria's 1st Integrative Pharmacy, the fastest growing pharmacy chain in West Africa with over 40 retail stores nation wide
- Direct and coordinate all Accounting/Finance functions and activities of the company in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Department
- Ensure compliance with statutory authority and audit requirements
- Maintain integrity of Accounting system (software), ensuring it remains effective and operational at all times
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times
- On a monthly basis conduct balance sheet reconciliation for review by Directors
- Where inconsistencies in reconciliations emerge, take remedial actions or refer to relevant personnel as appropriate
- Update “chart of accounts” monthly to reflect account management activities
- Provide assistance and direction to the business entities regarding financial matters
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Ensure daily on-line reconciliation of bank accounts across the various Banks
- Analyse weekly business performance/results on an outlet by outlet basis, providing feedback to Senior Management
- Review branch stock position comparing POS figures with financials, advice management on optimum stock levels at branch and warehouse
- Track and monitor daily revenue for accuracy, verifying it against POS reports and Bank takings
- Suggest and where approved, implement cost management strategies
- Ensure monthly accruals are adjusted to meet demands of the business
- On a monthly basis monitor and track debtors to ensure they are consistent with contract conditions
- In conjunction with Directors, source and identify finance providers at competitive rates
- In conjunction with IT Systems Administrator, coordinate and implement upgrades to QuickBooks, providing necessary information/training to direct reports
Budgeting/Forecasting & Reportin
- Co-ordinate and prepare business plan financial forecasts, annual/monthly budgets, including operating and capital expenditure budgets
- Ensure the accurate preparation/reporting of monthly/weekly financial results in strict accordance with Company deadlines
- Where required, provide assistance/direction to managers with regards to the preparation of budgets
- Ensure approved capital expenditure budgets are adhered to at all times
- Collate all relevant information to produce end of year statutory accounts for the company
- Ensure that end of year statutory accounts report is finalized by specified date and presented to Directors for review
- On an annual basis prepare “budget reports” for review by Directors.
- On a monthly basis track and review expenditure against set budgets providing Directors with a Budget Inconsistencies Report
- Ensure all company assets are monitored and accurately accounted for
- Ensure the fixed assets register is managed and maintained with strict adherence to fixed assets register procedure
- On a monthly basis ensure the general ledger is reconciled to the assets register
- Make self available as coach/mentor in assisting direct reports to develop in their positions
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions
- Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability and identify skill gaps and training requirements
- As required, become involved in relevant personnel matters including recruitment, induction, development, performance management, counseling/disciplinary and termination
- Complete KPI assessment of direct reports within Company specified time frame
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken in order to achieve workplace harmony within the organization at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with 15 years minimum experience in a structured organization, 10 years of which must be in a managerial capacity.
- Experience in a fast growing company or in the retail or fast food industry is an advantage
- Professional membership of ACA/ACCA is an added advantage
- Experience with ERP Software tools
- Impressive Excel skills
- Proven presentation skills to both finance and non-finance individuals
- Passion for working with the business to achieve key goals
- A critical thinker with high attention to detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- Demonstrated process improvement
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills
go to method of application »
Our client is a conglomerate company that provides Architectural and Engineering consultancy services in the building sector, Real Estate development, Broadcasting, Information Technology and Quick Service Restaurants.
- Manages the opening and closing of the kitchen
- Assists in keeping the kitchen hygienic and clean every time.
- Responsible for monitoring and dealing with kitchen equipment's and maintenance issues
- As required, the Kitchen Manager may assist the Head Chef with drawing up the menu
- Responsible for the management of shifts and leaves of staff.
- Overseeing the smooth running of all activities in the professional kitchen operations.
- Kitchen managers maintain an orderly and well organized cooking area.
- Supervise other kitchen staff and make sure work is done according to specified duties.
- Delegate duties and tasks to other kitchen staff; chefs, waiters and kitchen aides.
- •Responsible for implementing safety standards set by the industry, makes sure all the safety measures are in place and ensure all kitchen staff are aware of the safety measures to take in the event of a mishap. For instance, employees should know the fire drill in case of a fire incidence.
- Responsible for the management of inventory, maintaining accurate food-ordering and stock levels including kitchen materials.
- Manage wastage through correct product measurement.
- Responsible for placement of orders well in advance and anticipates the number of customers expected.
- Ensure that the right staffing levels are maintained at all times
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- The kitchen manager must be on the line to monitor the standard of presentation of food/orders to customers
- The Kitchen Manager must be willing and able to work the long hours that the job usually demands.
- Degree in Kitchen Management or related Discipline
- 7 years Experience (3 years in a similar capacity)
- Preferably a South African
- Computer Literate
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn and solve problems
- Flexibility & Speed
- Ability to maintain a level of physical activity; without undue physical damage
go to method of application »
Our client is an E-commerce site backed by a foreign investment firm launching in Nigeria
- Act as a cross functional resource to coordinate trust and safety efforts between multiple teams, including customer support, agents, dispatch riders and others
- Identify areas and opportunities for improvement, and write specifications for justifiable ideas to increase the trust and safety of our site.
- Coordinate outreach efforts to integrate industry best practices in trust and safety into our processes.
- Manage and improve existing security partnerships and workflows
- Making sure our verification process is working and being improved continuously
- Driving for trust for our users and preventing fraud
- A relevant university degree
- 5+ years experience in internet trust and safety product issues
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (especially when it comes to articulating your recommendations)
- Ability to adapt, be entrepreneurial and solve problems quickly, creatively and collaboratively
- Strong Experience in excel and analyzing figures
- A intense desire to make life hard for the bad guys
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.