Current Job Offer at Jumia Nigeria
Posted on: 18 May, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at Jumia Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience. Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient with us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM's Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
Introduction to the role
The SEO Manager will:
- Deploy new strategies, processes and tactics to improve Jumia's organic search results
- Address the current Jumia domain and help aid the content strategy team and web development team in setting pages up for success
- Leverage current tools and best practices to maximize engagement and support demand generation efforts
- Evaluate and report on activity and results to help guide refinements and further optimization
- Apply top to bottom management of SEO both on-page and off-page, including development of campaigns, meta tags, URL structure, page construction, SEO-friendly content, creating target keyword lists, building links, etc.
- Review and analyze sites to diagnose and solve SEO problems and enhance areas that need to be improved, deleted or be revised, including micro-sites, gated content landing pages, and all property sites.
- Help to inform approach to KPIs and prepare detailed monthly strategy reports using measurement from our SEO tools; Majestic SEO, SEOMoz, Lindex, Google Analytics, WebMaster Tools...
- Work pro-actively with demand gen and web teams to insure proper launch and campaign reinforcement to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensure performance of sites by optimizing content, metadata structures, mobile protocols, CTAs, and correct integration of other content sources such as blogs and social to maximize the power of our digital marketing efforts.
- Help to devise an off-page SEO content strategy with content and brand copy teams to grow reach
- Consult with web designers to improve the navigation and structure of site and pages to enhance its search engine ranking
- Stay abreast to the latest in the algorithm changes and cross-search engine providers to keep
- Jumia in keeping with best practices and latest SEO strategies
- Determine strategic keyword and campaign adjustments based on the evaluation of site traffic, landing page behaviors, content, UX design, and customer personas (user intent)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Web Optimization, Insights/Analytics, and Digital Marketing - with concentration in SEO
- Understanding of software or technology industry is a plus
- Practical web experience and basic web design and development knowledge (HTML, CSS) is a plus
- Experience using SEO tools for measurement and performance is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flawless attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, perform and lead in a fast pace, start-up like environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with client and internal team members
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jumia NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Key Account Manager (PromoHub) at DealDey
- CRM Marketing Lead at Jumia Nigeria
- Project Manager, Customer Experience at Jumia Nigeria
- Customer Service Rep & Fulfillment Executives at PowerHQ
- Data Insight Analyst (SQL & Excel) at Jumia Nigeria
- Data Insight Analyst at Jumia Nigeria
- Vendor Operations Associate at Jumia Nigeria
- Customer Care Service Representatives at Hubmart Stores Limited