Regional Director at African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
Posted on: 14 February, 2012
Deadline: 10 March, 2012
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at AFRICAN REINSURANCE
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is an International Financial Institution with Headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six Regional Offices in Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Port Louis (Mauritius), Lagos (Nigeria) and Cairo
(Egypt), as well as two subsidiaries in Johannesburg (South Africa) and Cairo (Egypt). The Corporation is owned by 41 member states of the African Union (AU), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the DEG (German Development Finance Institution), the FMO (Dutch private sector financing company), PROPARCO (subsidiary of the Agence française de développement) and 97 insurance and reinsurance companies established in the African continent.
Africa Re announces a vacancy for the position of Regional Director of the West Africa Regional Office in Lagos (Nigeria), covering English-speaking West African countries.
(Grade Level ES 1 (Director) - Annual Salary and Benefits: according to the remuneration scale in force)
Lead a team of underwriters and other professionals to successfully implement the Corporation’s underwriting and business development strategies in Anglophone West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Gambia, Sierra Leone) in order to ensure the achievement of the premium growth, profitability, efficiency and liquidity targets.
The grade level of this position is ES 1 (Director) with the possibility of advancement in the Corporation’s organization chart. The Regional Director shall report directly to the Deputy Managing Director / Chief Operating Officer.
Net Annual Basic Salary: US$ 112,464 to US$ 130,182. Other benefits and allowances (children education, housing, medical care, insurance, retirement plan, etc.) are granted as well.
- Develop successful strategies for business growth while maintaining combined ratio and liquidity within set targets.
- Monitor economic trends in the operating environment of the Regional Office and position the office accordingly in order to meet the corporate strategic goals within the framework of the underwriting manual and other operating guidelines on investment and human resource management.
- Assess and mobilize resources required to be competitive and ensure that the production centre has effective tactics and adequate budget to accomplish its mission.
- Ensure excellent customer service in order to maintain the Corporation’s customers and acquire new ones.
- Promote dedication and high productivity by creating an enabling atmosphere and a suitable social environment to attract, motivate and retain the best staff so that the Corporation will remain competitive.
- Supervise the unit heads, including Finance and Accounts, and ensure the competitiveness of life and non-life business,
- Coordinate the core business and social responsibility activities in such a way that the Corporation will be viewed favourably in its operating environment, and turn the positive perception into more business opportunities for the Corporation.
- Liaise with Management, the central departments, other production centres as well as national and regional professional bodies and supervisory authorities.
- Carry out any other assignment given by Management.
IV. Qualifications and professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) plus Masters in relevant field plus 11 years of relevant Work Experience post Masters; or
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) plus relevant Professional Qualification (ACII /FCII or equivalent) plus 11 years of relevant Work Experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) plus over 14 years of relevant Work Experience.
- Not more than 50 years old;
- Proven technical experience in the Reinsurance industry as well as involvement in senior management of a production centre in a reinsurance company constitute the minimum requirement.
The successful candidate for this position will be based in Lagos (Nigeria) and may be redeployed to any office of the African Reinsurance Group in line with the policy in force.
VI. Additional requirements for candidates
The candidates should:
- Be nationals of a member state of Africa Re;
- Be of high integrity and must be dependable;
- Be fluent in one of the two working languages (French and English) of the Corporation. However, a good knowledge of the two languages will be an added advantage.
- Have proven management and leadership knowledge and skills required for this position.
- Have good knowledge of computer office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point or their equivalents) as well as insurance and reinsurance management packages.
- Have proven sales and marketing knowledge and skills required for this position.
1. Job applications, including:
- a Curriculum Vitae,
- one passport size photograph, and
- copies of diplomas (or certificates) and academic (or professional or short term training) qualifications
should be sent by mail to the following address:
The Managing Director of the African Reinsurance Corporation
Africa Re Building
Plot 1679, Karimu Kotun Street, Victoria Island
Tel: (234 – 1) 2800924 / 2800925 / 4616820
Fax: (234 – 1) 2800074
And by electronic mail to the following address:
2. Shortlisted candidates shall undergo several tests including an interview in the
Headquarters in Lagos at a date to be announced subsequently.
3. Closing date for applications’ submission is 10 March 2012.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AFRICAN REINSURANCESimilar Jobs
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Customer Service Assurance Officers at a Financial Services Company - Workforce Group
- Job Vacancies at ARM Life Plc
- Job Opportunities at a Fast Growing Microfinance Bank
- Job Vacancies at Recruut
- Jobs at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Opportunity at Regent Microfinance Bank Limited
- Legal Vacancy at Abbey Mortgage Bank