Mercy Corps, International Humanitarian Organisation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our Feed the Future Program, and based out of Sokoto, Northern Nigeria. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
Duty Station: Sokoto with some travel to project locations within Northern Nigeria
Under the supervision of the Income Generation Team Lead, the Program Officer provides day-to-day oversight of all aspects of program implementation and its wide range of activities. S/he will make sure that all activities are delivered according to the work plan and implementation strategies. Successful candidate will be able to trouble shoot and provide any necessary support.
- B. Sc. Business administration, finance, economics, agribusiness, agricultural economics, or related field plus 5 years post graduate experience.
- Proven experience in rural enterprise development
- Proven experience in community mobilization for economic development.
- Knowledge of micro-finance and financial Inclusion principles and practices
- Experience in business planning and market development.
- Good understanding of northern Nigeria economic, cultural and political environment.
- Proven knowledge of international best practices of household economic strengthening for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and OVC caregivers.
- Experience in market driven economic development, Savings and Internal Lending Community (SILC) or Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLA) and value chain development.
- Fluency in English required, including report development, writing and editing. Fluency in Hausa Language is a strong requirement for this position.
- Demonstrated experience in training, capacity building of partners and team members.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required
- Highly developed computer skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel are mandatory.
- Candidate must be willing to work and travel in very rural communities in northern Nigeria and out of station as may be required.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirements to email@example.com.
Applications submission deadline: 29 May, 2015.
All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will