New Job Positions at Phase3 Telecom
Posted on: 14 May, 2015
Deadline: 29 May, 2015
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Phase3 Telecom
Phase3 Telecom is Africa’s leading aerial fibre optic network infrastructure provider, delivering world class connectivity and network solutions to the continent’s largest telecoms networks and IP providers, as well as a growing number of businesses and homes.
- This role involves direct frontline interface of network operations, carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance of both Phase3’s existing and new network infrastructures.
- The engineer (s) would be responsible for provision of in-depth technical support and interpretation of prompt network alarms, report emerging complex network challenges and initiates action to resolve them.
- The field engineer (s) will also interface with clients and display professionalism in managing contractors for standardized execution of relevant field works.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure effective management of all active network equipment, analyze equipment’s current card performance and responsible for technical management of the entire pop.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance (RPM) and corrective maintenance (CM), carryout long-haul route survey on existing aerial optic fiber and other transmission paths.
- Ensure that all aspect of the network operations run smoothly, maintain end-to-end interconnectivity with immediate remote POP’S (Point of Presence) for stable network availability.
- Resolve emergency network failure with good knowledge in the usage of OTDR for fault troubleshooting especially on aerial fiber transmission path.
- Carryout installations and maintenance of network equipment (e.g. DWDM/SDH).
- Ensure temporary restoration of network in critical situation/difficult terrain. Plan permanent restoration and manage OFC stringing, tensioning and perform splicing. Also, provide quick resolution basics to reduce MTTR.
- Provide remote support for the NOC operations and other technical request from HQ. As well as information and guidance to colleagues and other team members.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and performance of all clients aggregated circuits through his/her node and maintain good technical relationship with clients at all times.
- Responsible for the supervision of external contractors handling field contract and ensure projects are executed to standards.
- Prepare and transmit detailed daily technical report of maintenance operations and network performance.
- Responsible for new circuit/client’s integration and involve in field rollout and deployments.
- Maintain technical spare management scheme and keep reconciliatory inventory of the POP (Point of Presence).
- Must have good knowledge in Electrical power(AC/DC conversion)
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have peripheral knowledge of Cisco command line interface and IP addressing schemes with DNS understanding.
- Must have experience in O & M and integration of transmission equipment(DWDM/SDH)
- Must have very good knowledge in optical fiber deployment (splicing)
- Minimum education qualification is a B.Eng. Electrical Electronics or its equivalent
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward detailed applications and CVs to email@example.com no later than Friday 29th May 2015.
Subject of email should be FIELD ENGINEER and Applicants’ preferred location. e.g FIELD ENGINEER OSHOGBO.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Phase3 TelecomSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Graphics Designer at a Digital Marketing Agency - Hamilton Lloyd
- Sales / Admin Career Opportunity at Sage
- Senior Technology Sales Role at Ericsson
- Technology Roles at eHealth Systems Africa
- Media Job at Pinnacle Mobile Limited
- Human Resource Job Opening at The Source Computers Limited
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at ChamsSwitch Limited