Latest Job Opportunity at Global Profilers
Posted on: 13 May, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Global Profilers
We are a recruitment & HR consultancy company, providing a wide range of recruitment and selection services to local and international companies in Africa. Our Team of dedicated consultants offers businesses to get the right and best talent across wide range of sectors and professions.
The individual will be responsible for external and internal relationships and will be in contact with all departments, suppliers, customers, external auditors, banks and government agencies,
- Monthly review of the trial balance to ensure that the general ledger is updated from all sub modules such as sales, purchasing, inventory and production.
- Update of all journal vouchers – journals for supplier payments, sales invoicing, rebates, credit notes, provisions, accruals, production usages, overhead. Etc.
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack, quarterly NSE report, forecast and Budget packs.
- Review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly business review reports (MBR), quarterly review reports (QBR) and board commentaries on YTD performance.
- Review payment vouchers for appropriate supporting documents and correctness of WHT deduction, advice on accounting treatment in line with IFRS, GAAP and group policy.
- Involved in the preparation and monitoring of company budget and forecast especially overhead budget for all departments and working capital.
- Detailed review and analysis of operating expenses, report on monthly departmental spending against budget and forecast; including commentaries on all variances.
- Detailed reconciliation and review of sales in all locations to ensure that the sales have been accounted for, also ensures reconciliation and review of rebates and discounts given to customers before posting.
- Detailed review and monthly reconciliation of the general ledger accounts on the balance sheet, most especially other assets and other liabilities which include provision, accrual, statutory liabilities, salary remittances and control accounts.
- Review of provisions, accruals and prepayment schedules.
- Computation of deferred tax asset and liabilities, attend to all tax audits and tax issue, ensures remittance of all statutory deductions e.g. WHT, VAT, NHF, ITF, ECA. Etc.
- Liaise with tax auditors and external auditors on tax audits and statutory audits.
- Performing from time to time any additional financial accounting and reporting duties as assigned by CFO
Qualification and Experience:
- HND/B.Sc. Accounting from a reputable institution. Higher degree(s) , such as MBA, will be an advantage.
- Possession of professional qualification, such as ACA/ACCA is essential.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience with at least 5 years in managerial capacity in a similar role, preferably in multinational FMCG environment.
- Strong strategic orientation, demonstrable leadership, interpersonal and financial management skills.
- Financial management skills - ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning.
- Exposure to financial modeling with multi-year modeling, quarterly forecasting and compliance with generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Leadership - successful track record of managing finance function to a high professional standard.
- Decision Making and Problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Sensitivity to operational environment.
- High personal/professional ethics and integrity
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Global ProfilersSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Accounting Vacancy at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Jobs at Smart Partners Consulting
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at Adexen
- Freelance Trainer at NigeriaTrainingNetwork (NTN) Associates
- Finance Roles at KPMG
- Graduate Intern Recruitment at BluePoint Global Services Limited
- Personal Assistant Vacancy at Ralds & Agate